I'm switched

Blue123

I am home and doing good. Didn't care for the hospital stay so glad to be home. I am sipping and walking constantly. I don't know if it's the meds while I was in hospital or my pain meds now but I am jittery and can't really rest. Anyone else ever have that problem?

Welcome to the Dark Side...now sip, walk, rest rinse and repeat.

Jittery meds...sounds like you need a different pain med.

Called dr about the jitters. They think it's because I was off my antidepressants for three days and just started them again today. I have a fever of 100 so I have to go see doc tomorrow.

I am glad you are out of the hospital and switched. I hope your visit to the doc tomorrow is easy and productive. Take care.

Congratulations! I hope you have a speedy recovery and see results right away. Please stay hydrated!

@Blue123 let us know how you are doing - sounds like you are doing great - walking and sipping. May I suggest a good old fashioned deep breathing and coughing out the 3rd deep inhale. Might actually help with that low grade temp. we need to get air all the way to the bottom of those lungs to prevent issues and we tend to not do that with abdominal surgery.

@Blue123 let us know how you are doing - sounds like you are doing great - walking and sipping. May I suggest a good old fashioned deep breathing and coughing out the 3rd deep inhale. Might actually help with that low grade temp. we need to get air all the way to the bottom of those lungs to prevent issues and we tend to not do that with abdominal surgery.
Interesting. Thanks I will try that.

Dr was worried cause I still have fever today. Did labs and they all came out ok so got to come home thank goodness. Still jittery but better than yesterday. I have faith tomorrow will be better than today.

It's not unusual to have a low fever after major surgery and general anesthesia. Keep on doing your walking and remember to take deep breaths frequently. It should resolve, but let your doc know if it doesn't.

Latest posts

Back