I'm Home and now a DSer!

Hey guys I am back and doing good. Was in hospital from Thursday morning and got released on Sunday afternoon.

I'm doing great with fluids, already can do about 80 ounces per day. That includes 3 protein shakes per day.

I believe Dr Smith said my CC is 100 and my AL is 270... stomach is 6oz. I'll need to verify that all with him at my followup next week.

Recovery was tough the first few days. Had severe nausea through Saturday. Was most likely tied to the anesthesia.

But honestly I now feel pretty good, sipping all day, walking, using my breathing thing. So, thanks guys for all the help I'll be on here more as I recover.

Feel free to ask questions or share any more tips or advice!
Congrats, Mike! I'm heading in on Thursday. Excited, but getting a little nervous, too. Think I have everything in order. I hope I do as well as you!

Keep up the good work!
Leigh Ann

Congrats, Mike! Glad to hear you are doing so well. Amazing changes are coming your way. Enjoy the ride!!

So happy to hear my 12/10/15 buddy is doing so well. I'm doing well, too, and similarly have had no problem with fluids. I also played around a little with milk, protein shakes and carrot juice today. No apparent issues. I'll file a full report as soon as I'm up to it. In the meantime, congrats!

So happy to hear my 12/10/15 buddy is doing so well. I'm doing well, too, and similarly have had no problem with fluids. I also played around a little with milk, protein shakes and carrot juice today. No apparent issues. I'll file a full report as soon as I'm up to it. In the meantime, congrats!

Awesome to hear! I start on pureed foods tomorrow. I am equal parts excited and nervous lol. For me I've been on liquids for 4 weeks total, so eating real food will be nice. I'm just hopeful I digest it well.

Keep up the great work!

I also played around a little with milk, protein shakes and carrot juice today. No apparent issues. I'll file a full report as soon as I'm up to it.
Glad to see you not having issues with lactose. Mine hit immediately after surgery. My husband never had an issue.

As to the carrot juice...other than it being fluid, why? Carrots are high sugar veggies and if you are doing it for the vitamins, we don't absorb much thru food anymore. Altho for this month, you aren't consuming enough carbs to worry over. That will change as you go thru your journey. Just be aware it's not a good long term option.

Latest posts

Back