If I knew then what I know now I'd still know trivial shit,

kirmy

David is asleep before he starts his night shift and it's Christmas Eve. I should be at work on the Oil rig, where I'm reliably informed there is no hot water because the boiler is on the blink. Instead I'm sitting at home eating risotto I've prepared and nursing an armpit wound from my sentinel node biopsy. I'm waiting to find out how advanced my newly diagnosed breast cancer is.

On the 3rd of January 2010 I underwent a monster operation of 11.5 hrs which liberate me from morbid obesity. It gave me a ticket to ride. I've been dazzlingly healthy ever since aside from a few minor fuck arounds. Nothing...nothing prepared me for this blindsiding.

On the 31st I'll know if my tumour is localised or if it has spread to lymph nodes near by. Rather than go an celebrate the New Year like I'd have liked I have to prepare for the potential that the news may not be good...or maybe it will. Either way I'm trapped in the mortality waiting game.

On the 8th of January I start the Fec-t chemo protocol which is nothing short of scorched Earth. I will lose my hair, likely my fingernails, I will,likely get arsehole to mouth thrush and mount ulcers. In between I'll know fatigue like no other. This will last around seven long months. My life has altered in ways I never imagined or could conceive.

I was invincible four weeks ago. Now I'm about to be chemically deconstructed and I've no idea how I feel about it. I look at wigs. I wonder if I'll die. I wonder if I'll get well then get sick again in three years, five years, fifteen years. I wonder at the endless possibilities. My faulty genes have paved the way for a 2016 that I never imagined.

Let me tell you about being loved. I am the most fortunate person to be wrapped utterly in the deepest regard by many. I don't actually deserve it as I'm acerbic, fickle and restless but I'm good with a quip and a hug. So many loving hands have stroked my ego, held me up and wiped away my tears. If I could show you how this looks I'm sure you'd be stunned at the beauty of it all. I know I am. So here I am transcended by the majesty of people and suffering the greatest battle I've ever fought. I'm so in awe and so grateful.

So each day I step up, square my shoulders and get on with it. I know other women and men on here who are fighting battles a lot more severe and hopeless than mine. I'm genuinely hurt for them, for the family members lost to this, for the slow march towards the inevitable. But they take my breath away with the humble strength and compassion they give freely. To you fine people ,know I love you fiercely.

So it is Christmas Eve and although I've had a shit sandwich recently I feel grateful. I have presents under my tree, a very fully belly, a snoring bulldog beside me, a snoring boyfriend sleeping upstairs and people fighting for me. I'm going to be ok. I have made it through the worst part figuratively speaking and now it's the body bit.

I'll keep you posted. I'll be honest and open and I'll describe the colour of my urine a lot as they keep injecting me with fucking excellent dye and today my poo is turquoise and my pee is Aqua. This shit is epic!

I'm here. I'm passively fighting with my eyes wide open. I'm not going to imagine I won't win. It is an all or nothing game.

.... But my shit is blue....and that is fucking awesome.

Let me tell you about being loved. I am the most fortunate person to be wrapped utterly in the deepest regard by many. I don't actually deserve it as I'm acerbic, fickle and restless but I'm good with a quip and a hug.

I call bullshit; you absolutely deserve it. When some one is truly loved all their parts are loved. And you are truly loved.

Yeah for blue shit.

Kirmy, you are loved by so many. And we've all been thinking good thoughts. I know you've been in my prayers.

I know. Feeling nothing but the outpouring of your kindness and love. You're an amazing community. Thank you.

You've got people you've met and people who only know you from your words on a screen, and we're all wrapped up in your blue poo and your battle ahead. XXO

What about saliva?

Can you spit in color?

And, if you cry a little--totally permissible--check out your tear colors.

(I hated the part where I felt like "I" was at war with my body. And the other side had enemy moles who had infiltrated.)

There are big things and great contributions in your future, and it's just not possible that you will be anywhere but here - stuck here with the rest of us.

Jeff and I will be thinking about you and hoping for the best possible news. Blue shit is awesome. After all, how often do we get a totally new and different toilet experience? Take care!

You're not going anywhere:
image-jpeg.24631

You're not going anywhere:
image-jpeg.24631
stuck in the middle with....

Kirmy - I don't know you well but you are a very bright, loving and feeling person who gives everything you have to everything you do. That is pretty obvious from your postings over the year or so that I have been around. You have every right to feel down, pissed, a little why the hell me, a little sorrow but is obvious that you are a strong woman and after that period that I just so sloppily described I know that you will get up and beat the piss out of this bastard we call cancer. Fuck cancer to hell! Blow that bitch to smithereens! Kick its arse! Of these things I have absolutely no doubt that you shall.

My best wishes for you with your battle. Lean on these ladies who are much better at this support stuff than I am. You will win.

Kirmy, you are funny and fierce and a fighter. You will get through this, and we will be here for you. You deserve every bit of the love you are experiencing and none of the misery.

Latest posts

Back