I survived. Maybe not my best move?

Spiky Bugger

Larra TOLD me it would be a 20 minute procedure. I think maybe she knows someone else who has has this kind of procedure?

Thank you, DianaCox for taking his call. Communicating w/MrSue is always a challenge, more so on a cell phone.

And thanks to y’all who have been so supportive, including my new BFF hilary1617 !

Gets a bit graphic here! Cover your eyes!

BUT…while the surgery was a kind of hit-and-run, the recovery…says the surgeon…is slow, painful and messy because the area is packed full of nerves…so ultra-sensitive. It will feel like an infection has developed. Essentially, she removed a “slice,” maybe an inch wide and a few inches long of precancerous tissue in the perineum. There was a bit of sewing, to make exposed area smaller, and then setting it all on fire to make sure the margins were no longer hosting bad things not visible to the human eye. AND, the surgeon was surprised to learn…having done this procedure on three other women in the past few weeks…that they all reported a very painful recovery. I will be wearing dresses for a while.

But, staying true to form, I was a smart ass. I was asked to state my name, DOB and the procedure that was being done. I did okay on the first two…but for procedure, I said “prostatectomy.”

Last edited:
Glad you're home and as feisty as ever. Would occasional ice pack ( or just a damp washcloth in the freezer for awhile and then applied) help? If that's ok with your surgeon, of course.

Prostatectomy? You're brave. My dad put apple juice in a urine specimen cup. The nurse went and got the biggest needle she could find. She told my dad that the sugar content in his urine was off the chart high. Then she approached him with that big ass needle and told she was going to give him a shot.

Moral of the story: don't mess around with medical people who can really hurt you.

My surgeon gave me an Rx sufficient to add one more 10mg oxycodone to my daily routine*.…and an Rx for NARCAN. I wonder what that means.

*Routine involves 30-40 mg/day…I take the 40 more often when I break a bone or in winter when arthritis acts up.

I hope the healing is swift and the pain medicines are effective. Good riddance to that precancerous tissue. Thank goodness you're out and able to write. Now feel better, but quick!

I hope the healing is swift and the pain medicines are effective. Good riddance to that precancerous tissue. Thank goodness you're out and able to write. Now feel better, but quick!
I can write, but don’t know if I should.

Earlier, I decided that y’all needed to know that the most useful pieces of silverwear were iced tea spoons and grapefruit spoons, because of their versatility.

See what I mean?

I can write, but don’t know if I should.

Earlier, I decided that y’all needed to know that the most useful pieces of silverwear were iced tea spoons and grapefruit spoons, because of their versatility.

See what I mean?
Oh, Lord, the pictures popping up in my brain.

oh, boy, I'm glad it's over and you lived and everything. and it's might be hot enough there that dressed are all anyone would want to wear, right?

I'm so glad you are surviving!! and you can ALWAYS write and we love to read it. :hug:

oh, boy, I'm glad it's over and you lived and everything. and it's might be hot enough there that dressed are all anyone would want to wear, right?

I'm so glad you are surviving!! and you can ALWAYS write and we love to read it. :hug:
Thank you for your (always uplifting) kind words.

Latest posts

Back