I made it! Hi from WA :)

I too am from Western WA, I'm from the Seattle Area and did the whole self-pay with Ungson. I'm happy to stand in as local support. Please let me know if I can do anything. I'm spotty on reading forums, so please use email to be sure I see it.

Tracy and I are trying to keep the Seattle Area DS group alive without much luck, but http://www.meetup.com/wls-90/ if you are interested.

Welcome!!

Hey spotty WELCOME Glad you made it. You might want to start your own thread so your introduction is not missed

I too am from Western WA, I'm from the Seattle Area and did the whole self-pay with Ungson. I'm happy to stand in as local support. Please let me know if I can do anything. I'm spotty on reading forums, so please use email to be sure I see it.

Tracy and I are trying to keep the Seattle Area DS group alive without much luck, but http://www.meetup.com/wls-90/ if you are interested.

Welcome!!
Brandy, is this the group that meets in Tukwila? I made the trek up once when I was a few months post op, and may do another visit sometime. It's a drive, so I won't be a regular, but would like to meet - re-meet some actual DSers.

Yes, except we moved the meetings to the Bellevue Public Library, which is a lot nicer.

Is that closer / better for you?

Most months it is only Tracy and I, but we are both pretty passionate about having something local work out, so any feedback ....

Yes, except we moved the meetings to the Bellevue Public Library, which is a lot nicer.

Is that closer / better for you?

Most months it is only Tracy and I, but we are both pretty passionate about having something local work out, so any feedback ....
No, Bellvue is actually farther. I'm coming from Olympia south of there. Do you have any outings, like a picnic toward Tacoma?

Olympia is quite the haul.

I just pinged Tracy, maybe she will join us here. She mentioned something once about maybe starting some splinter groups where we travel around, but I can't really remember the details.

I went to one real meeting after my surgery and it was awesome. I learned so much from talking to people. Then the group blew apart and the Sizzler kicked us out and I think there might be some politicking by the old, old, old members who don't want to let go but don't want to do anything. I don't really know the whole story (and don't really want to) but I wish we could make it happen.

I just pinged Tracy, maybe she will join us here. She mentioned something once about maybe starting some splinter groups where we travel around, but I can't really remember the details.

I went to one real meeting after my surgery and it was awesome. I learned so much from talking to people. Then the group blew apart and the Sizzler kicked us out and I think there might be some politicking by the old, old, old members who don't want to let go but don't want to do anything. I don't really know the whole story (and don't really want to) but I wish we could make it happen.
That would be cool. I went to one at the Sizzler when Rabkin came up to do a talk, but the information was mainly aimed at pre-ops. I did meet a lot of folks, but it's been over 7 years, so it's time to refresh!

That would be cool. I went to one at the Sizzler when Rabkin came up to do a talk, but the information was mainly aimed at pre-ops. I did meet a lot of folks, but it's been over 7 years, so it's time to refresh!

Thanks Brandy.

I'll start a thread on this topic so as to not detract from this original thread.

Welcome to the loser's bench @BebeZed!

Sorry @BebeZed for hijacking your welcome thread. You are still most welcome and the Bariatricfacts.org WA State Members stand by you.

LOL no problem!! Too bad I'm not a whole lot closer to you...
I'd love to go to a support group but Bellevue is entirely too far for me to go. I hate driving in traffic. After all, I'm in Bellingham where a "traffic jam" is when there are more than 10 cars on I-5 going one direction or it takes more than 30 seconds to cruise through the Nexus lane at the border ;)

Yep... "the city of subdued excitement" Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Latest posts

Back