I have a date!

cris

Been lurking in the shadows for a few months now, thought I would finally come out and say hi.
First I wanted to say thanks to the ladies that keep this site running. The funny candor and the troves of info helped me so very much in making my decisions and preparing for the journey ahead.

A bit about me. fat since puberty which began at the tender age of 11. Escalated until high school as a junior wearing a woman's size 18. Went to the woman doctor and was diagnosed with PCOS. Finally an answer, but no solutions ever. Countless miscarriages, infertility treatments, Clomid, IVF, shots, but I got 3 beautiful children out of all that pain. now I am done with all that and just wanted to live a life with them without being in pain because I am too fat. Size 26/28 now, you get left home a lot. Searching 'pcos cure' is what brought me to An angel's blog. I now love people who blog. I do not remember her name, but she talked about her pcos and how gastric bypass cured it. she is my angel and I will always love her. At that moment in December hearing there was a chance for a cure, a way out of the insuline resistance, prediabetes, a way out of the endless weight gain/loss cycles, a way out of the joint pain, anemia, medicines and all the other things that kept me from being a fun mom, I was full steam ahead. I was a force to all who stood in my way. I am sure my case worker second guessed the pyscologists ruling a few times.

As the title says, I have finally gotten my surgery date. I am not a very patient girl, so while I know that most have to go through months of pre diet to satisfy insurance, I was lucky not having to do that. I just had to do the sleep study, psyco eval, labs and such. These last 2 months were the longest in history for me :D The snow pushed back appointments. I had to reschedule. They would call back and want me to come in weeks later....I don't have time for that. Like I said I was fierce, and I do not apologize for it at all. They do not know how bad it hurts at the end of the day, and they do not know how good it will feel to be normal one day sooner. They do not know how blessed they are to be normal.

So the day my life will be changing is March 2, 2015 @9am. The day the playing field will finally be leveled out. For all that read this and are spiritual say a little prayer for me that day if you would. Although I am excited beyond words, I am also a bit afraid of the things that could go wrong. My BMI is now down to 40.9, so the doctor is sure all will go smoothly, but it never hurts to have a few extra Angels guiding the surgeons hands.

-Cristal

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back