I got booted....

I do believe I've been kicked off of one of the FB groups I belonged to.
My first time ever to be kicked out of somewhere!

Does this make me an "initiated" DS'er now?

I don't even know what I said....I think one of the RNY'ers probably got a little butt hurt about me pointing out the negatives of that surgery. Someone asked if it was possible to go from a VSG to a RNY and one of the RNY'ers replied and said yes that it was the ONLY thing a VSG could revise to.
I posted and said that was absolutely false and gave FACTS.

On another post, someone asked about deciding between VSG and RNY...people were responding with I chose RNY because you lose more weight and all kinds of ther stuff so I posted links to charts and diagrams and suggested they do lots of research and look at stats of keeping the weight off and rates of regain.

I wasn't ugly...I'm never ugly.
Oh well, this is the page I said I was going to quit anyway, because the level of ignorance was more than I could stomach...
One lady posted yesterday who is like two weeks out and on soft food stage asking if she could eat corn because she just wants something yummy. CORN??? Are you kidding me?
Some of the things on those FB forums just kill me.

The other thing that just made me roll my eyes on that page is how many of them drink from baby sippy cups and buy actual baby dishes and utensils.

I'm a grown ass woman...as if I'd drink out of a child's sippy cup.

:D:D:D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wow that is just crazy. I get everyone needs support, but that just does not sound realistic to always be everything is wonderful. You did not sound ugly to me in what you said, but I take it they may be a bit more sensitive than most. I am always so surprised when people do not understand the surgery they had or how to eat. I just think did you not research before deciding or who made your decision for you? I learned that lesson when a friend told me her friend kept telling her she was having gastric bypass and that her friend did not know till a week post op, yes post op that she did not have gastric bypass but had the sleeve done. I just shook my head and told her some places to send her friend.

Wow that is just crazy. I get everyone needs support, but that just does not sound realistic to always be everything is wonderful. You did not sound ugly to me in what you said, but I take it they may be a bit more sensitive than most. I am always so surprised when people do not understand the surgery they had or how to eat. I just think did you not research before deciding or who made your decision for you? I learned that lesson when a friend told me her friend kept telling her she was having gastric bypass and that her friend did not know till a week post op, yes post op that she did not have gastric bypass but had the sleeve done. I just shook my head and told her some places to send her friend.
The biggest problem I have seen in some of those groups is that they are always saying "JUST get what your doctor tells you to get". What I tell them is find a surgery THEY can live with the rest of their life and then explain there are more choices than JUST the VSG or RNY.

IF I had done that, I would be living with the RNY and miserable. My initial surgeon does the DS but not on lightweights, even tho *I* specifically asked about NSAIDS since I was on them and would be on them for life. His comment was, well just get on an opiate type med...I fired him and went hunting for a surgeon willing to tackle a lightweight. Found one, same one as my dh was able to use but due to insurance issues MY insurance while approving the DS said it had to be a surgeon in state if there was one. While I was preparing my appeal (I had to verify that no instate surgeon would do a DS that was IN network), I finally asked about my original surgeon's senior partner. The surgeons had to agree to the switch but they did and I got my DS IN state.

For the record -

If a group is "secret" on Facebook no one outside of group members will be able to see your posts in it OR see you're a member. You can't search for these groups, though, if you're not already a member - a member has to let you know about it and add you.

If a group is "closed" on Facebook, people on your friends list can see that you're a member but not what you post. You CAN search for and find these groups.

If a group is "public" on Facebook, everyone can see that you're a member (even if they're not your friend) and see what you post there. Obviously, these also appear in Facebook search results.

Latest posts

Back