I feel like we hit the lottery

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
I want everyone to know, hubby and I ended up with not just one but about five doctors (different specialties) who are willing to learn about our DS and how it affects us.

In Jan, we came up to the Northern Panhandle of WV and because of the lack of finding a local PCP, we went over one county (which also was a different state), to Washington, PA. We found a PCP who is in the MyChart system. Most of our previous history is in MyChart. Linking together those organizations is wondermous.

Anyway, our PCP is actually a nurse practitioner who didn’t run screaming out of the room with our list of labs. But she was curious as to why we had so much tested. Pulled out our arsenal of images.

So the PCP was on board.
My orthopedic doctor understands
My neurologist understand
Ended up with an osteoporosis doc, also a NP, who totally understood. She also has hubby for osteopenia and is gearing up for battle cause the typical start drugs is an issue with his ability to make concrete kidney stones. She accepted any and all studies, images we could share for her to use. She knows he’ll be denied first go round cause he’s a male. So she not only understands, she gets it.
His urologist understands.

I’ve never had that many who get it in one place. And they don’t even do the DS in this area.

Latest posts

Back