How to lose 6 pounds in a week.....

In my experience, lying flat with a low back problem is a recipe for unbearable agony and loss (temporary) of leg function. PT and chiropractic have been very helpful for me--with the caveat that my discs are intact. I'd suggest progressing to MRI and diagnostic work as soon as the insurance will cover it. And I'd challenge that insurance requirement, because in an acute disc injury situation, prompt treatment can be critical.

@southernlady - Did this all start as an injury or from an accident for you? Or just natural degeneration? Just curious. My father has had chronic back problems his entire life, so I can empathize with your pain.
Mine was just "natural" degeneration. No accident or injury that I am aware of. My back was fine in an MRI in the 90's but by 2005, it was a mess as shown in an MRI.

The down side of surgery (other than recovering) is that once they fuse the offending parts, the ones above (or below it) are super stressed and prone to failure.

Yuck Liz, so sorry you have to deal with this. The stress and failure of neighboring joints makes sense too.

So, my back is feeling (tentatively) better. Still very achy but none of the clenching ohmygod! pain that I had before. I finished the round of steroids and I'm only taking the other meds (muscle relaxers/hydrocodone) at night.

But I still weighed 119 this morning. I really would rather be in the 120s-- maybe I should add an extra protein coffee into my days?

Latest posts

Back