How are you eating

Ditto. String cheese was one of the first solids I could eat but the smell alone makes me want to hurl. Can't eat some other "first foods" anymore either like refried beans or cottage cheese. Those weird taste changes I guess.

As I type this I am eating Chipotle bowl with carnitas, black beans, cheese and a splash of sour cream (nothing else - no rice, veggies or salsas). First time I've tried this. It will last me many meals. I'm only working on about 1/3c in a separate bowl -- very filling.
are you doing better with being able to eat now?

are you doing better with being able to eat now?

No dense protein like steak, chicken, pork, but I was able to eat some perch last week. The carnitas were pretty wet from the black bean liquid, melted cheese and the sour cream so it went down and stayed down. Yay! But I can only eat 1/3c or less of anything with substance (as opposed to yogurt). I've been having lunch on Mondays with a new group of friends and yesterday one of the women said, "Damn, you eat like a BIRD!" (Much preferred to the "I can't believe you ate ALL THAT!" when I used to devour everything on my plate.) Thanks for asking, Susan

No dense protein like steak, chicken, pork, but I was able to eat some perch last week. The carnitas were pretty wet from the black bean liquid, melted cheese and the sour cream so it went down and stayed down. Yay! But I can only eat 1/3c or less of anything with substance (as opposed to yogurt). I've been having lunch on Mondays with a new group of friends and yesterday one of the women said, "Damn, you eat like a BIRD!" (Much preferred to the "I can't believe you ate ALL THAT!" when I used to devour everything on my plate.) Thanks for asking, Susan
I don't know if you realize it but even though you might not feel like it, you really are doing very well, Clematis. Mr I can eat a metric shit ton of food (me) was pretty much just as you are describing above, early on in my DS journey. I bet I didn't have steak until 6 months out. It was a lot of shrimp, lobster, scallops (yes I know dirty job but somebody had to do it) and then soups, nuts, some cheese (I was not a huge cheese guy before) and some really finely ground beef. An actual hamburger didn't come into the diet for quite a while. Even cooking medium it was still rubbery and heavy as a rock to me.

Things will start loosening up and like you found out today with your burrito bowl, the cheese and sour cream type condiments really do act as lubricants and help the food go down. One of these days you are going to wake up and realize you can pretty much eat what you want, just not as much as you could before. I can't remember when that exactly was for me but it was such a relief not having to make the family go to a certain restaurant or eat a certain meal at home because it was all I could get down my gullet. It was quite liberating.

Thanks for the pep talk, Scott :)
Now go out and gettem champ!!!!!!!!! (imagine me screaming at the top of my lungs, eyes bulging, face sweating and red as a beet with my whole body twitching from excitement) :p

Latest posts

Back