Home health aide's or DS's in the area

OrganicLife

I am having surgery in Glendale CA by Dr. Keshishian on Nov 17th. They said I would be in the hospital 2 nights to 3 nights and then released to go to the hotel They will not release me alone. I have to have someone with me. :( I understand their concern. It's just something else I have to arrange.

I remember reading a recommendation and someone offered to come to the hospital, but I can't find the post. Is anyone close to the area? Or can anyone recommend a home health aide agency? I would rather a recommendation than calling blindly to find one.

If anyone would offer to call me to check on me that live in the area, I would appreciate.

It's getting close.

I would so do that if I lived close by. But, hopefully, someone will. We have a bunch of people from that area on the board.

I'm sorry you are having this issue. I was actually having this same issue, his assistant forgot to email me so I didn't know I had to have someone come out to California with me. So now there's been a delay... to say the least. lol. Good news is it will give me ample time to flip flop on having the surgery 1 million more times. lol
Anyways, someone should have a business doing this. Seriously.
Anyways, I hope you find someone on this board, if not perhaps a home health aide can be hired.

I'm sorry you are having this issue. I was actually having this same issue, his assistant forgot to email me so I didn't know I had to have someone come out to California with me. So now there's been a delay... to say the least. lol. Good news is it will give me ample time to flip flop on having the surgery 1 million more times. lol
Anyways, someone should have a business doing this. Seriously.
Anyways, I hope you find someone on this board, if not perhaps a home health aide can be hired.

That's why I'm looking for a recommendation of a home health aide.

If anyone knows of any home health agencies that they have used in the area, please let me know.

I don't know if this will help you but, my daughter-in-law works at our local hospital in Idaho. We are moving my husbands 85 year old, physically disabled mother from TX to ID in a few weeks. We hired a nurse practitioner, that my daughter-in-law recommended, to fly to TX and then fly back the next day with my mother-in-law.

Maybe place an ad on something like Craigslist in the area. Doesn't have to be for a nurse.

Good luck!

I am having surgery in Glendale CA by Dr. Keshishian on Nov 17th. They said I would be in the hospital 2 nights to 3 nights and then released to go to the hotel They will not release me alone. I have to have someone with me. :( I understand their concern. It's just something else I have to arrange.

I remember reading a recommendation and someone offered to come to the hospital, but I can't find the post. Is anyone close to the area? Or can anyone recommend a home health aide agency? I would rather a recommendation than calling blindly to find one.

If anyone would offer to call me to check on me that live in the area, I would appreciate.

It's getting close.
I may be able help you

Admin note: Allison, I edited out your phone number and will start a conversation between you two to share this. It's really not a wise idea to share that kind of info on a public (and most of this forum IS public) forum where ANYONE can read that info.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be able help you

Admin note: Allison, I edited out your phone number and will start a conversation between you two to share this. It's really not a wise idea to share that kind of info on a public (and most of this forum IS public) forum where ANYONE can read that info.

Hi Allison. I will inbox you. Thanks.

I may be able help you

Thanks

Most hospitals have people who are planning your discharge the minute you are admitted. Ask for a consult with a case manager. They're the people who can get things done.

Latest posts

Back