DS surgeon in MA/RI that performs revision from RNY to DS

candlebelle

Hello. I am interested in having a revision from RNY to DS due to weight regain (I'm now approaching 50 BMI). I am looking for surgeons in the New England area that will perform this procedure. It appears that Dr. David Lautz at Emerson Center for Weight Loss does (based on the success story on his website - Duodenal Switch Surgery at Emerson | Emerson Hospital ), but I can't seem to find any others. Newton Wellesley indicates that they perform DS on their website, but the description seems to describe the SIPS (Duodenal Switch Surgery | BPD-DS | Newton-Wellesley Hospital (nwh.org) ), and it isn't clear whether they will do any conversions from RNY to DS. If anyone has any recommendations, I would be VERY grateful!

Hello. I am interested in having a revision from RNY to DS due to weight regain (I'm now approaching 50 BMI). I am looking for surgeons in the New England area that will perform this procedure. It appears that Dr. David Lautz at Emerson Center for Weight Loss does (based on the success story on his website - Duodenal Switch Surgery at Emerson | Emerson Hospital ), but I can't seem to find any others. Newton Wellesley indicates that they perform DS on their website, but the description seems to describe the SIPS (Duodenal Switch Surgery | BPD-DS | Newton-Wellesley Hospital (nwh.org) ), and it isn't clear whether they will do any conversions from RNY to DS. If anyone has any recommendations, I would be VERY grateful!
Welcome candlebelle
Be prepared to travel. The list of known vetted RNY to DS surgeons is here. It’s kept up to date when new info is made available. That surgery is a specialty. It’s like the difference between a heart surgeon and a heart transplant surgeon. Not many are capable of that level of skill.

Welcome candlebelle
Be prepared to travel. The list of known vetted RNY to DS surgeons is here. It’s kept up to date when new info is made available. That surgery is a specialty. It’s like the difference between a heart surgeon and a heart transplant surgeon. Not many are capable of that level of skill.
Thank you southernlady - I was afraid of that when I didn't see any vetted surgeons from New England on the list! Guess I have some work/research cut out for me now;-)

Here are two you might try that are in Massachusetts

Emerson hospital weight loss center, Concord MA
Anna Jaques weight loss center Newburyport MA

Both have revisions listed on their website,
Emerson has a patient experience from rny to ds on theirs..
Anna Jaques is partnered with both Lahey and Brigham and Woman's hospital, so the surgery may be performed elsewhere in the Boston area

Latest posts

Back