High B12 And Acid Reflux

Honeybeeblue

Hey

I just got my lab Results back and I was very Surprised to see that my B12 Levels were very high. I stopped taking B12 in March and the levels Have not came down. Anyone else have this Issue after surgery ? I am 1.5 Years post sugery now. I also have acid Reflux like a Mother(Beep). Taking Tecta twice a day to help with that. Any Advice on this matter would be really helpful.
Thanks A bunch

My B12 ran very high post-op for no apparent reason also. It's still up there (though now in range) after 9 years and I have never supplemented B12 other than whatever is in my multivit, which I take only once/day. However, no harm has ever come to me from the high B12 so I'm not worried about it.
If tecta isn't doing the job for you, try a different PPI, or add Tagamet or zantac, which are also good drugs that work via a different mechanism. You can get them OTC.

My B12 also has run high for decades (at least since the mid 90's)...and even tho the only B12 I take is in my multi, I do take three of those a day. But even when I wasn't taken ANY vitamins at all it ran over 2000. Still runs over 2000 (or 1999 depending on lab range).

As far as the PPI...try a different one, or a stronger dose...but get your doctor's input. Just tell him/her that your current one is no longer working.

Latest posts

Back