Hi!

Chijulie1432

I'm Julie from Chicago. I'm having DS surgery on Tuesday 10/4 with Dr Prachand at U of C.

It's been a long process for me to get here. I started at Northwestern with Dr Nagle and got through 80% of the program before finding out they wouldn't do a DS. I thought because the surgeon listed it they would do it. Apparently not! So on to Univ of Chicago.

It's taken me a good 8 months to get thru all my insurance prerequisites and to get approved. Now that surgery is almost here I'm getting nervous. It's so life changing I just want to make sure I made all the right choices!!

Very excited to find this group! I can tell there is a lot of knowledge and experience here!

Hey Julie! So glad you're here. Sorry you got delayed with the classic "bait and don't switch" routine before you got to U of C. But you are truly on your way now.

Julie,

Life changing in a good way. First day after surgery is hard and then the next few days are not easy. Gets much better. You will do great and it will be a great life change. Not to think about food everyday is great. Losing weight is even better, and being healthy is even better

Gheers!

Congrats and welcome. Prachand has a good reputation. He taught my original DS surgeon in Peoria to do my original DS but I don't hold that against him (my original DS Dr gave me too short of an Alimentary Limb and I had to be revised by Dr K due to severe malnutrition). That being said Prachand is good and there are one or two his patients here.

Hi Julie from Chicago I'm Cara from Orange County!, welcome to the group. This group was truly an amazing find for me so I know you will get all that you need and more from this wealth of highly experienced people. I had my crapband to DS in February and am almost 90lbs down. Lots more to go. So welcome and keep us all posted on your progress!!

Welcome Julie! I'm sorry you got taken! All the bait and don't switch practitioners are betting they can talk you into whatever procedure they are selling today! You will be a good DSer. You were too smart to fall for it!

There is something basically wrong and vaguely immoral about all those doctors on that other site who claim to do the DS but have no intention of ever doing one. People waste a lot of time and money on all this or even worse, wind up with a surgery they didn't want. I keep on waiting for someone to sue over this practice. There is only one reason to advertise a surgery they don't do!

I'm Julie from Chicago. I'm having DS surgery on Tuesday 10/4 with Dr Prachand at U of C.

It's been a long process for me to get here. I started at Northwestern with Dr Nagle and got through 80% of the program before finding out they wouldn't do a DS. I thought because the surgeon listed it they would do it. Apparently not! So on to Univ of Chicago.

It's taken me a good 8 months to get thru all my insurance prerequisites and to get approved. Now that surgery is almost here I'm getting nervous. It's so life changing I just want to make sure I made all the right choices!!

Very excited to find this group! I can tell there is a lot of knowledge and experience here!
Hi and welcome @Chijulie1432. Another Julie here! Glad you have found you're way here. Looking forward to your journey.

Hello and welcome! Surgery is very soon, you will do great! Let us know as soon as you can how it all went.

Hi @Chijulie1432 !

I had DS with Dr. Alverdy at U. of C. Best wishes on your procedure - you're in good hands!

The one thing I wished I knew going in was that I would need to go down to the sub basement before returning home to request copies of all your records and it takes a long time to receive them. This is absolutely necessary. Also, this is a big hospital with a large teaching staff - you will want to make sure to have someone (family/friend) stay with you and advocate on your behalf.

DS was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Wishing you all the best! :)

Latest posts

Back