Hi

Macdiva524

Hello from Orlando! I had a virgin DS on October 23, 2015 from Dr. Mohammed Jawad at Orlando Regional Medical Center. My HW was 379 SW 363 CW 317

Hi and welcome!

I would recommend that you get a copy of your operative report and see if you had a real, traditional DS with 2 anastomoses or if he did a newer, not standard of care operation called, by various names, loop DS, SADI, or SIPS. It will make a big difference in terms of your post-op diet and possibly your post-op results.

Actually, his entire description is not only for the SADI, he goes so far as to imply that the SADI IS the DS, and doesn't even mention that there is another way of doing it. I had better stop now.

Actually, his entire description is not only for the SADI, he goes so far as to imply that the SADI IS the DS, and doesn't even mention that there is another way of doing it. I had better stop now.
Yep, it is just amazing that this is being allowed to happen. It is hard to say how many more Bariatric Centers have blatantly false information posted on this topic. As you know the typical patient trusts their Dr and when they see titles like Director of the Bariatric Center of Excellence or whatever fancy title they choose for themselves and their practice, it only lends more "expert credibility" to their site and what they say. It is sad that these shysters can get away with deceiving people into getting a procedure that isn't what they were sold or even approved by insurance.

I'm sure what you are reading here has come as quite a shock @Macdiva524 I know I would be confused and upset to see that perhaps I had a different surgery than I thought and one I did not agree to. First things first: please obtain a copy of your op report as Larra. If you post it here, the medical pros will be able to tell you exactly what surgery you had. This is important for you to know so you can tell doctors in the future if you have an issue with your bowels down the road. We're here to help you, not shake up your world.

I'm sure what you are reading here has come as quite a shock @Macdiva524 I know I would be confused and upset to see that perhaps I had a different surgery than I thought and one I did not agree to. First things first: please obtain a copy of your op report as Larra. If you post it here, the medical pros will be able to tell you exactly what surgery you had. This is important for you to know so you can tell doctors in the future if you have an issue with your bowels down the road. We're here to help you, not shake up your world.
Good points Clematis....

I am not trying to scare you and you should be just fine medically. We simply majorly object to what some of these surgeons are doing because they are giving an experimental procedure to patients and it doesn't have the proven record of the DS...ANDmisleading patients in to believing they are getting the DS. This is unethical and they are also committing fraud if they are billing the SADI as a DS to insurance. The SADI is NOT a DS.

The procedure may very well work out well for you, but you were given a procedure that was sold to you as something it wasn't...or so it seems to appear.

Latest posts

Back