Hi Y'all!

aprillperkins

I've been active a few weeks now and just found out about the "say hello" section.
My name is April. I live in metro Atlanta in a small town about 40 miles from the Alabama line called Douglasville, GA, although I was born and raised in Michigan.
I am 5'4", 39 years young with a hubby and 5 children whose ages range from 19 to 5.
I started struggling with my weight 7 years ago after my 4th child. My body didn't 'snap back' like it normally did after having a baby and I began to gain weight rapidly. My current weight is 225 and I go between 220 and 230 with a bmi between 38 and 40 depending on my weight. My goal weight is 140-145. I have sleep apnea and high blood pressure. Obesity with high blood pressure and high blood cholesterol runs in my family.
I have been on multiple diets; weight watchers, Atkins, doctor supervised weight loss with the little white pills with the blue dots (the pills for weight loss that I am banned from typing on this forum) and exercise. I lost weight and gain it back times 3. I first decided to go with weight loss surgery 2 years ago. 1 year ago I found out that wls isn't covered through individual insurance in GA so I began looking into medical tourism and settled on wls in Mexico. The surgeon I wanted (Ungson) is no longer performing so I hastily opted for the sleeve. Now, I am firmly back to the DS. I hope to have the DS by spring 2016, no later than June.
All advice and constructive criticism welcome! I LOVE THIS FORUM!

Hi April, I am north of you in TN. glad you found the forum and took time to introduce yourself. I still am learning stuff about the site and have even asked how do I so such and such. Everyone is helpful. Good luck on your journey to a DS.

Hi April, I am north of you in TN. glad you found the forum and took time to introduce yourself. I still am learning stuff about the site and have even asked how do I so such and such. Everyone is helpful. Good luck on your journey to a DS.

Hi duh_Mom...

Very nice to meet you and I hope your DS post-op journey has gone well!

Me, my hubby and a few other couples rent cabins in TN during the winter for a week and we have a blast! We've gotten stranded and stuck in the snow a few times but it doesn't stop us from going back...it's beautiful.

I'm still learning how to navigate this site myself but everyone here is very sweet and informative. So glad I found this site!

I just realized I never did really say hello... welcome @aprillperkins! I love this forum too - so much great information and tons of support. Gotta love it!

Welcome, @aprillperkins
My husband and I go by you every time we go to see our kids in AL. (They live near Talladega). And what part of Michigan? We lived up there for 6 years...in Monroe.

Hi southernlady,
I believe I go by you every time my sis and I go to Columbus, NC. My sis is a vendor and she is there every Wednesday at one of the flea markets.
I was born in South Haven, MI, grew up 7 miles away in Covert, MI and after high school moved to Grand Rapids, MI. I've lived in Georgia for 10 years...couldn't take the winters anymore. I love the snow, it is very beautiful, but don't want to live in it.

Hi and welcome!
You will find lots of support and info here, including on medical tourism in Mexico and elsewhere. I hope you are able to get your DS soon.

Hi and welcome!
You will find lots of support and info here, including on medical tourism in Mexico and elsewhere. I hope you are able to get your DS soon.

Thanks Larra, I hope I have my DS soon too I feel like I am so ready. In the meantime, I continue to learn as much as I can and continue to prepare!

Hi southernlady,
I believe I go by you every time my sis and I go to Columbus, NC. My sis is a vendor and she is there every Wednesday at one of the flea markets.
I was born in South Haven, MI, grew up 7 miles away in Covert, MI and after high school moved to Grand Rapids, MI. I've lived in Georgia for 10 years...couldn't take the winters anymore. I love the snow, it is very beautiful, but don't want to live in it.
You come REALLY close. We live in Tryon.

I've been active a few weeks now and just found out about the "say hello" section.
My name is April. I live in metro Atlanta in a small town about 40 miles from the Alabama line called Douglasville, GA, although I was born and raised in Michigan.
I am 5'4", 39 years young with a hubby and 5 children whose ages range from 19 to 5.
I started struggling with my weight 7 years ago after my 4th child. My body didn't 'snap back' like it normally did after having a baby and I began to gain weight rapidly. My current weight is 225 and I go between 220 and 230 with a bmi between 38 and 40 depending on my weight. My goal weight is 140-145. I have sleep apnea and high blood pressure. Obesity with high blood pressure and high blood cholesterol runs in my family.
I have been on multiple diets; weight watchers, Atkins, doctor supervised weight loss with the little white pills with the blue dots (the pills for weight loss that I am banned from typing on this forum) and exercise. I lost weight and gain it back times 3. I first decided to go with weight loss surgery 2 years ago. 1 year ago I found out that wls isn't covered through individual insurance in GA so I began looking into medical tourism and settled on wls in Mexico. The surgeon I wanted (Ungson) is no longer performing so I hastily opted for the sleeve. Now, I am firmly back to the DS. I hope to have the DS by spring 2016, no later than June.
All advice and constructive criticism welcome! I LOVE THIS FORUM!
Hi April and welcome!

Latest posts

Back