Hi to all

Welcome! I had my DS at U of Chicago. They have a very skilled surgical team. :)

Edited to add: Prior to DS, I had two C-sections, a panniculectomy and abdominal hernia repairs... I also had a prior history of pulmonary emboli. They placed a greenfield filter prior to DS.

I had 2 c-sections with the old style vertical cut from just under my belly button to just above my pubic bone. Back in 2010 I had the VSG laparoscopically. And then in 2013 i had a laparoscopic hysterectomy.
Revised to the DS last November...another laparoscopic surgery.

No problems with any of that.

Welcome! Much of your story is very similar to mine. I had AFib and SVT from undiagnosed severe sleep apnea, prediabetes, and a host of other issues. My doctor recommended the DS and it was the best thing that has happened to me. I'm down 265 pounds and fit in as a "normal" person now. I'm not limited by my size in every aspect of life, as I was before. And I'm healthy. That's all I ever wanted!

:welcome1: Candy
I think you can see by the responses that you found the right place to be!! Hysterectomy 1986, Gallbladder 1991, VBG 1999, 2010 DS, 2013 DS repair. Age 64 and doing great! Beginning weight around 300lbs. Present weight 140lbs. DS best decision ever!

Welcome! Much of your story is very similar to mine. I had AFib and SVT from undiagnosed severe sleep apnea, prediabetes, and a host of other issues. My doctor recommended the DS and it was the best thing that has happened to me. I'm down 265 pounds and fit in as a "normal" person now. I'm not limited by my size in every aspect of life, as I was before. And I'm healthy. That's all I ever wanted!

Brooklyngirl, did the DS surgery affect your heart rhythm at all? Were you taking any rate control meds at the time?

Brooklyngirl, did the DS surgery affect your heart rhythm at all? Were you taking any rate control meds at the time?
So, I had an ablation done 2 years before DS surgery which fixed the AFib, but I still had tachycardia. My average heart rate ran 90+, I just checked it now and it was 60 (I have an app, lol) which is now average for me :)
Oh, and my sleep apnea is gone! :D

Latest posts

Back