Hi there

Thank you. I do not "do" Dr. Oz. The links to items that are accessible online (UpToDate info is something you'd have to quote separate) like Medscape is what I tend to use.

Greatly appreciate you all giving me the parameters. Most helpful.
It's surprising how many people DO think of social media, etc as SOLID scientific evidence. And while the news media might be the one reporting it, I try to find the study that gave them the information.

And the quality of the news media reporters has become abysmal. I responded to a friend on FB last night who posted a story that tequila can help you lose weight. Of course, it was an utterly butchered report of a publication about fructans (fiber) in the PLANT from which tequila is made that may have some benefits as sugar substitutes, because they decrease insulin resistance a smidge. Of course, they left out that tequila has little or NONE of the fructans in it (it is a distillate) and that the fructans also have unfortunate digestive effects (like sugar alcohols). But of course the headline was something like "Tequila helps weight loss, diabetes!"

What is the forum for where we have questions on where to post something? I went thru the FAQ and looked at the boards. I have (cant post the link) and it talks about a nutrition study. Its a blog and talks about food items. This would involve all the surgery types, before and after. I am sure it would be data, but which board?

Thanks all.

And the quality of the news media reporters has become abysmal. I responded to a friend on FB last night who posted a story that tequila can help you lose weight. Of course, it was an utterly butchered report of a publication about fructans (fiber) in the PLANT from which tequila is made that may have some benefits as sugar substitutes, because they decrease insulin resistance a smidge. Of course, they left out that tequila has little or NONE of the fructans in it (it is a distillate) and that the fructans also have unfortunate digestive effects (like sugar alcohols). But of course the headline was something like "Tequila helps weight loss, diabetes!"

Hmmm….maybe we should at least” test the theory out” a little before we come to any hastened conclusion? :D

And, BTW @swimbikerun....welcome!

What is the forum for where we have questions on where to post something? I went thru the FAQ and looked at the boards. I have (cant post the link) and it talks about a nutrition study. Its a blog and talks about food items. This would involve all the surgery types, before and after. I am sure it would be data, but which board?

Thanks all.
You have to have 10 posts (and a cron run which is done without my doing anything as most are scheduled every 30 mins to an hour) before you get the ability to post a link...it's to keep spammers from overrunning the forum with links. You are almost there but if you get to post number 11 and still can't...wait about 30-40 mins and it should kick in.

Ok thanks. That being said, this is a decent blog, and he talks about a study (like a peer review/critique). Where would I post that type of item? Also, do I move questions like this from here to another forum? I want to make sure I put the right information to the right group/area.

Ok thanks. That being said, this is a decent blog, and he talks about a study (like a peer review/critique). Where would I post that type of item? Also, do I move questions like this from here to another forum? I want to make sure I put the right information to the right group/area.
Moving stuff is an admin/moderator function. If you need or want something moved, I'll be glad to help.

Moving stuff is an admin/moderator function. If you need or want something moved, I'll be glad to help.

Thank you! I just would rather do something right the first time than bother a volunteer (as one I know what its like to be overloaded) and be a pain.

Ok I tried to post and it says that I've only been registered one day. I've been registered longer than that. The rest of the stuff is fine. Any ideas? Thanks admin and sorry to be asking so much.

Ok I tried to post and it says that I've only been registered one day. I've been registered longer than that. The rest of the stuff is fine. Any ideas? Thanks admin and sorry to be asking so much.
Sorry, I knew it was 10 posts but it is also 2 days...
@MsJacquiiC is the one who put that in...which is why *I* forgot the part about 2 days.

Sorry, I knew it was 10 posts but it is also 2 days...
@MsJacquiiC is the one who put that in...which is why *I* forgot the part about 2 days.

Hi Thanks,

Did I ask if they could change that message so we know? I get the popup that says I have X criteria to fulfill and I got confused when I met everything or greater and still couldn't post. That way someone else doesn't waste your time about it. :)

Hi Thanks,

Did I ask if they could change that message so we know? I get the popup that says I have X criteria to fulfill and I got confused when I met everything or greater and still couldn't post. That way someone else doesn't waste your time about it. :)
I believe I can...I'll go check.

Okay, it is there...just was the last line of the message and you may not have seen it if it required scrolling.

Latest posts

Back