Hi there

Thanks.

Quick question: how do you all feel about medical research? I like to read it, and will post and ask others opinions of what research they have. Is it ok for nerd types to be here?

hello, glad to see you here!

:welcome1:

Thanks.

Quick question: how do you all feel about medical research? I like to read it, and will post and ask others opinions of what research they have. Is it ok for nerd types to be here?

I assume so, I sometimes feel like I am the only NON smarty-pants here. post away!

Thanks.

We LOVE it...several of us post research papers...depending on what kind as to where it lands.

Each surgery type has a Data sub forum, the main board has a Data sub forum and we have a "Newsworthy" section.

Thanks so much all! I posted to a different area and they were nasty about it. I wanted to know up front.

What is the story on complications? I've had problems and would like to share but 1) to talk about it in a rational way and 2) to let people know how important surgeon/group choice is. Are people able to chat on it or do we have to keep it on the QT?

Thanks so much all! I posted to a different area and they were nasty about it. I wanted to know up front.

What is the story on complications? I've had problems and would like to share but 1) to talk about it in a rational way and 2) to let people know how important surgeon/group choice is. Are people able to chat on it or do we have to keep it on the QT?
We are pretty up front about things. The only time people here get irrational is if the poster is being intentionally stupid.

There are PhDs, MDs and all manner of allied professions represented on these boards.

I am honest, tend more to factual. I will use record exercepts & other things to back me up, if I have it. Are we going to have a problem like what occurs on OH? My concern is that others not get the same treatment I have.

I am honest, tend more to factual. I will use record exercepts & other things to back me up, if I have it. Are we going to have a problem like what occurs on OH? My concern is that others not get the same treatment I have.
As long as they are solid scientific studies, we love it.

It's the people who like to quote popular media as SCIENCE that gets under our skin.

Thank you. I do not "do" Dr. Oz. The links to items that are accessible online (UpToDate info is something you'd have to quote separate) like Medscape is what I tend to use.

Greatly appreciate you all giving me the parameters. Most helpful.

Latest posts

Back