Hi new to this site

Wendy

I had my DS in 2010 and have lost 152 lbs and keep losing. My doctor put me on Creon to gain weigh. I started it in Jan. But I keep losing weigh and cant stop. I eat all day long but I'm never hungry since I started the Creon so I make myself eat. I may have to have surgery if I cant gain or stop weigh lost. Has anyone had this happen to them?

We need more information. Yes this has happened to some people.
  • Who is your doctor/surgeon?
  • What are your limb lengths?
  • What are you eating?
  • What supplements are you taking? Name them by brand, dosage, amount, regimen.
  • What are your labs showing?
  • Do you have diarrhea?
  • What were/are your comorbidities?
  • What tests have been run for the cause of these issues, and what result?

By looking at her profile (all I had to do was hover on her avatar and it showed up)
Her surgeon is Greenbaum. Her surgery was in Nov 2010.

Welcome @Wendy

Diana had a lot of questions, I'll just ask one easy one - are you taking the Creon with your meals? It only works when the Creon (which is digestive enzymes) and the food have a chance to mix together.

I had my DS in 2010 and have lost 152 lbs and keep losing. My doctor put me on Creon to gain weigh. I started it in Jan. But I keep losing weigh and cant stop. I eat all day long but I'm never hungry since I started the Creon so I make myself eat. I may have to have surgery if I cant gain or stop weigh lost. Has anyone had this happen to them?
I popped in to say "Welcome", but will save advice till after we have some information. The questions Diana asked with help her and many others here answer your questions.

The only other thing I'm wondering is if you have lost continuously and never stopped, or if you had plateaued and been stable for some time, and the weight loss has resumed.

Wendy I want to welcome you to this board first of all. I think you've come to the right place to get the answers you need. Please be open and honest in discussing your situation. The folks here are VERY knowledgeable and if you work with them can likely be of great help to you. Please take advantage of what this site can offer you by providing the requested info ASAP. We're all worried about you...

Latest posts

Back