Hi from Tennessee

countrymom

Hi everyone, I had RNY in 2004 and maintained until around 2011 and then the weight slowly started coming back. For the past year and a half I have been trying to get approval for a revision from RNY to DS. Insurance has denied twice, so I am looking to see what everyone else did to get approved.

Good Morning @countrymom, you have the patience of Job if you are still trying to get approved after a year and half. I was a much simpler revision - lap band to DS. I tried for 6 months - my employer is self-insured thru BSBS-TN. I could not even get a copy of my certificate of coverage. Went as high as the VP of HR and hell fire kept getting the summary. Diane tried to help but without certificate of coverage you don't know what you are shooting at.
My partner and I got over it - it is an emotional rollercoaster and they know it! I do see it as they won, but I don't regret it today.
I was getting sicker and sicker and my back was so bad I could not walk far without numbness and pain, so we borrowed from our retirement fund and took a hardship withdrawal from it too in order to get it paid for. I was not going to have a retirement otherwise and as I get healthier and healthier I realize how sick I was.

Hi everyone, I had RNY in 2004 and maintained until around 2011 and then the weight slowly started coming back. For the past year and a half I have been trying to get approval for a revision from RNY to DS. Insurance has denied twice, so I am looking to see what everyone else did to get approved.
Hello and welcome!

Latest posts

Back