Hi from North Dakota!

Welcome! I'm in the process of getting approved for surgery with Dr Leslie. From the meeting I had with him he seems like a straight shooter and to the point. Not many reviews on his DS surgeries. I was told to check him out by someone on OH. She had nothing but praise for him.

Welcome! I'm in the process of getting approved for surgery with Dr Leslie. From the meeting I had with him he seems like a straight shooter and to the point. Not many reviews on his DS surgeries. I was told to check him out by someone on OH. She had nothing but praise for him.
I've noticed the shortage of reviews too, especially for Mayo, which really surprised me! I was looking at Leslie as well, because of him also supposedly working out of Abbott Northwestern. I've heard some iffy things about aftercare at U of M....
Where did you consult with Leslie, was it at U of M or Abbott?

I've noticed the shortage of reviews too, especially for Mayo, which really surprised me! I was looking at Leslie as well, because of him also supposedly working out of Abbott Northwestern. I've heard some iffy things about aftercare at U of M....
Aftercare is problematic with MOST surgeons. Esp with the DS...most focus on the RNY not the DS.

At the Abbott clinic. The staff is very nice and very helpful. Dr Leslie had an intern with him during my visit. She was quit attractive and I think he was trying to impress her. LOL

At the Abbott clinic. The staff is very nice and very helpful. Dr Leslie had an intern with him during my visit. She was quit attractive and I think he was trying to impress her. LOL

LOL I've seen that happen before... from what I've seen, some doctors like to impress their interns and others get irritated with them. Kind of a love hate thing. I suppose it depends on how much they like teaching.

Did you by chance get any info from him on the CC length, stomach volume, etc. he typically performs? I might call on Monday and ask...I read that Buchwald liked to do a 75cc and Dr I does a 100cc...

LOL I've seen that happen before... from what I've seen, some doctors like to impress their interns and others get irritated with them. Kind of a love hate thing. I suppose it depends on how much they like teaching.

Did you by chance get any info from him on the CC length, stomach volume, etc. he typically performs? I might call on Monday and ask...I read that Buchwald liked to do a 75cc and Dr I does a 100cc...
Its been about 7 months since a meet with him. I own a campground and from April - November its hard to leave. If I remember right a 100 cc.

@Thunderkitty , I would highly recommend a consult with Dr. Kemmeter at Grand Health Partners in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I've never heard of U of M and the Duodenal Switch. Never heard of Leslie. Dr. Kemmeter is the ONLY ONE in that practice I recommend. He is phenomenal.

Latest posts

Back