Hi from North Dakota!

Thunderkitty

Hello everyone, I'm from North Dakota and I'm new to the forum and looking to learn as much as I can! I'm happy to say I have made the decision to have the Duodenal Switch after what seems like infinite research. I am now at the stage where I am hunting for the best surgeon and clinic available in MN.

Our wind chill dipped down to like -20 -30 in some parts of our state the last few days...and they STILL don't cancel school. Uff Dah! ( a little Norwegian there) :winterwoolens1::eh:

Anyway! I was wondering if you have heard any good, bad, or ugly about Dr. Ikramuddin at University of Minnesota, Dr. Leslie also at University of Minnesota and also at Abbott Northwestern in Minneapolis, Mn, or Drs. Kendricks or Kellogg at Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN? I have been on Obesity Help for a few months, but I can't seem to get any honest responses... it's all positive and generic...:mad0223::brooding::frustrated:
maybe you can help me or are familiar with folks on here who can...? Any insight or advice would be appreciated immensely! :m2vhelp::love30:

I have been on Obesity Help for a few months, but I can't seem to get any honest responses... it's all positive and generic...:mad0223::brooding::frustrated:
maybe you can help me or are familiar with folks on here who can...? Any insight or advice would be appreciated immensely! :m2vhelp::love30:
We try our best to give HONEST responses...some don't like that but when it's your life and your health on the line, honest is needed.

We try our best to give HONEST responses...some don't like that but when it's your life and your health on the line, honest is needed.
I definitely appreciate that. In knowing I can't go back once I've chosen a surgeon and went through with the DS, I am trying to be as thorough as possible in looking into all the surgeons I can find in my area, and further away if it's necessary in order to get a seasoned doctor.
I apologize if I came off as implying a blanket statement about dishonesty on OH, it's obviously not run by spies or ninjas :ninja: (couldn't resist)..... I am blunt sometimes and then I look back and wonder what the person reading it thinks I mean...

I've read several times and places that you need to be careful about trusting positive reviews (what I was meaning to say before instead of responses) on OH because they are supported by ads and surgeons can have comments removed. If this is wrong, I am going off what I've read but I would also be pleasantly surprised.I just don't want to pick someone after reading a ton of awesome stuff about a doc and then find out that if I'd went to other sites there was a ton of negative stuff I missed.

Last edited:
Hi and glad to have you here!

:rainbowwelcome:

on OH because they are supported by ads and surgeons can have comments removed.

this has been true, as far as I know it still is

I love the name Thunderkitty!!

I've read several times and places that you need to be careful about trusting positive reviews (what I was meaning to say before instead of responses) on OH because they are supported by ads and surgeons can have comments removed. If this is wrong, I am going off what I've read but I would also be pleasantly surprised.I just don't want to pick someone after reading a ton of awesome stuff about a doc and then find out that if I'd went to other sites there was a ton of negative stuff I missed.

You are absolutely correct about this. OH is $$-driven, and that means the advertiser is king. The surgeons pay to be on there.

Latest posts

Back