Hi folks. I'm Dave.

DaveS

Hi everyone.

New here, and feeling borderline terrified, but kind of resigned. I expect that I'll be having a procedure in the next year, but I'm having lots of feelings of fear and of failure.

I hope I'll be able to read some stories from people who have felt similarly.

Hi Dave! Welcome. :) The thought of having surgery can be very scary... but it's well worth getting your health back. Look around, do some reading, and make yourself at home here. We look forward to learning more about you. :)

Hi Dave,

Those feelings are normal, we've all had them at one point in our journey. The most important thing though is that you've made the decision to get healthy. Check out the threads and ask questions. There are many here more knowledgeable than me who are happy to offer answers and support.

You're not alone in this journey

Welcome aboard!

Dave

Hi Dave! It's ok to be scared. You and only you will know when you are ready to make the big leap into bariatric surgery. Meanwhile, this is your opportunity to research all the available options, research potential surgeons, and get as well educated as possible to make a well informed decision. That should help with your fears at least somewhat. There is already so much good info here, from some very well informed people, so you are in the right place.

@DaveS. Welcome. Read and listen. There are people here to help guide your journey. They are wise and wonderful. I'm pre op (July) and I follow and read and learn. Ask questions but read the fors--especially about vitamins. I will follow your journey

Welcome Dave,

Most of us can totally relate to those feelings! One thing I've learned along the way is that most often our bodies fail us, rather than the other way round. Having bariatric surgery reversed that course for me and I'm confident the right procedure will work for you too.

Wishing you all the best,
Hilary

At my high of 355 pounds, every time a doctor suggested WLS, I changed doctors. And the, problems associated with that weight just kept on increasing, to no ones surprise but mine. I do not regret that I delayed because I believe everything has its own time. When you are sure you'll know it. Stay connected with those who have gone before. I'd be lost without some kind of group and this is the only one I follow daily.

Latest posts

Back