Hi everyone, I'm new

Melanie1218

I am a weight loss patient from RnY in 2003 looking to have revision surgery to DS. Thank you for letting me join the group.

Hi and welcome! I see that you are in CA. Are you in touch with either Dr. Keshishian or Dr. Rabkin? Both are well known as experienced RNY to DS revision surgeons.

Welcome! Please choose your surgeon very very carefully. There are only a couple of surgeons in the entire country who are known to have the skill to successfully revise a RNY to DS.

Welcome! Please choose your surgeon very very carefully. There are only a couple of surgeons in the entire country who are known to have the skill to successfully revise a RNY to DS.
Thank you and yes I am glad for tgese support groups had i not joined i almost went with a surgeon who tried to talk me into a surgery that doesn't work. So i have chosen to work with (and hopefully get approved with insurance ) Dr K in California

Thank you and yes I am glad for tgese support groups had i not joined i almost went with a surgeon who tried to talk me into a surgery that doesn't work. So i have chosen to work with (and hopefully get approved with insurance ) Dr K in California
Awesome, Melanie! Dr K is the best in every way possible. He did my revision to fix malnutrition issues and just fixed a big ventral hernia. He also saved my oldest son's life by fixing horrible gastroparesis that had him nauseous and feeling sick, often heaving, 24/7 for well over a year. I say saved his life because I really do believe he would have killed himself if Dr K hadn't given him hope and alleviated 90% of those symptoms.

Welcome and best of luck to you.

Hi and welcome! I see that you are in CA. Are you in touch with either Dr. Keshishian or Dr. Rabkin? Both are well known as experienced RNY to DS revision surgeons.
Hi Lara, I'm in illinois but surgeon is California and yes Dr K. I'm in early stages trying to get insurance appoval. I've been told by other surgeons i won't qualify cause my BMI is not high enough even though I've gained back 70 of the 110 i lost with RnY in 2003. I was 238.9 HW and got down to 128 in 9 months now back up to almost 200. I'm praying my dumping is enough to get it approved.

Awesome, Melanie! Dr K is the best in every way possible. He did my revision to fix malnutrition issues and just fixed a big ventral hernia. He also saved my oldest son's life by fixing horrible gastroparesis that had him nauseous and feeling sick, often heaving, 24/7 for well over a year. I say saved his life because I really do believe he would have killed himself if Dr K hadn't given him hope and alleviated 90% of those symptoms.

Welcome and best of luck to you.
Thats amazing what he did for your son. God bless. Sounds like he did an amazing job for you too. That's the news i love to hear. Thank you!!

Thats amazing what he did for your son. God bless. Sounds like he did an amazing job for you too. That's the news i love to hear. Thank you!!
You bet and thank you.

BTW, I live in the Peoria area. Are you up in Chicagoland or in another part of the state?

Not sure who your carrier is and the specifics of your policy but I have a BCBS PPO and had no issues with approval.

I never ever ever knew that dumping was abnormal i have lived with it for 13 years and never told a Dr cause i thought part of the RnY life. I can't have dairy or refined sugar it causes dumping. Will that change will DS?
Yes it will. Those things can cause gas and bloating to varying degrees but not the nausea and feeling like puking with Dumping. You will have your pyloric valve working again and that regulates how soon food is released to the stomach. You will love the DS. You can actually eat without gaining weight.

You bet and thank you.

BTW, I live in the Peoria area. Are you up in Chicagoland or in another part of the state?

Not sure who your carrier is and the specifics of your policy but I have a BCBS PPO and had no issues with approval.
I am in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. I have BCBS PPO as well. I hope i have it as smooth as you. :)

Yes it will. Those things can cause gas and bloating to varying degrees but not the nausea and feeling like puking with Dumping. You will have your pyloric valve working again and that regulates how soon food is released to the stomach. You will love the DS. You can actually eat without gaining weight.
You just made alot of things clearer to me, i thank you. Its good news to hear. I have always lived with the dumping, fas and bloating all because i thought it was normal from the gastric bypass.

I am in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. I have BCBS PPO as well. I hope i have it as smooth as you. :)
Hopefully it will. All policies are different and we use my wife's which is an awesome policy. $185 a month for health, dental, vision and life for four of us. $25 co pay for office visit, $65 ER, $150 out patient procedure and $300 for an admission...ZERO $ after that. We have had a couple situations where the hospital billed $175,000 and we paid $250 (old admissions copay amount) and not another cent.

I almost took a job in Romeoville a few months ago, but they flaked out so I told them don't call me again (I had turned down an offer around the first of the year and they came back a few months later with a sweetened deal).

Latest posts

Back