Hey y'all

TheGoodSwitchfromKs

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have had the lap band since 2007. Never lost any weight with it. Revision to the DS will hopefully be in November. I have been looking into this for years. Started my insurance required journey January 2016. I am very eager to get the DS. Had a denial a few weeks ago from insurance. They requested an updated hemoglobin A1c. That has been done and everything refaxed to them again from my surgeons office. Now just waiting on an approval!
This site has been great. Lots of good information. Glad I found it and hoping to get to know more about everyone.
Just a little more info about me... My surgeons will be Bernita Bernsten from Tallgrass Bariatrics in Topeka, Ks.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have had the lap band since 2007. Never lost any weight with it. Revision to the DS will hopefully be in November. I have been looking into this for years. Started my insurance required journey January 2016. I am very eager to get the DS. Had a denial a few weeks ago from insurance. They requested an updated hemoglobin A1c. That has been done and everything refaxed to them again from my surgeons office. Now just waiting on an approval!
This site has been great. Lots of good information. Glad I found it and hoping to get to know more about everyone.
Just a little more info about me... My surgeons will be Bernita Bernsten from Tallgrass Bariatrics in Topeka, Ks.
Hi and welcome @TheGoodSwitchfromKs. Glad you are here. Looking forward to following your journey.

Hi and welcome @TheGoodSwitchfromKs ! :) Wishing you all the best with your journey, starting with insurance. Sorry the band failed you - as it did so many. It must be hard to go through this twice. I know revisions can be very difficult - please make sure your surgeon has experience with revisions.

Welcome.

I have to be honest in that I have never heard of that person. Are you certain that they do the real DS and not the SADI/SIPS/LOOP? Did you ask this surgeon how many DS procedures she has done and of those how many were revisions? As a person who was screwed up by my original DS surgeon I have suffered a great deal and had to be revised by the best in thecworld, Dr Ara Keshishian in Glendale, CA. I live in Central, IL. I so wish I had done better homework and realized just how important the surgeon was for this procedure. I have no doubt that had I gone to Dr k originally that my live would be so much better than what it has been for the past 3 years.

Please ask those questions and a few more as well like:

Do you Hess or Standard limb length?
If you don't use the Hess Method why not?
How long will each of mY limb lengths be?
How large will my sleeve be?
Will you be doing this open or lap?
How long will I be in the hospital after surgery (you don't want to rush to discharge)?

Best wishes and congratulations on you choice to have a DS.

So glad to see you here! I am in the process of my 6 month waiting period. Wish I was as far along as you. I too am going to Dr Bernsten from Tallgrass Bariatrics. I am very anxious to hear how everything goes and if you are happy with her. Please keep us updated!

I have to be honest in that I have never heard of that person. Are you certain that they do the real DS and not the SADI/SIPS/LOOP?
A bunch of vets have heard of her...she does a traditional DS. Now I have not heard of her doing revisions but a lab band to DS is not in the same sphere of complexity that of a RNY to DS revision. It's closer to a VSG to DS revision.

Latest posts

Back