Hershey’s kisses on the O.R.!

robs477

Now an Angel in heaven
Ok, one more thing, and then I’m going to take me a nap!! So, on the morning of my surgery, I did what I said I was going to do…..In a post I made several months ago, I said I was going to give as a gift to everyone on the surgical team, one of those giant Hershey’s kisses and boxes of chocolate to each person for MY good luck….and, I also gave a bag of micro-chips and a can of WD-40 to the Robot….I figured a little good ole fashioned “sucking up” was the best chance for good luck I could get!

It Worked! Everyone was cracking the F*%@ up about the robot and really appreciated the gesture of the gift. Dr. Wilson couldn’t stop laughing and visited me at least 3 extra times to check on me because of it!

A little niceness and little humor goes a long way peeps! These people do this every day and it’s their job, but this really helped put a human perspective to it! Plus, I got treated like royalty all the way through, just for being a little bit nice!

IMG_047699.JPG

IMG_0472.JPG

Love the gifts for the robot! And it was really sweet of you to think of the whole team and not just the surgeon. Well done!

Ok, one more thing, and then I’m going to take me a nap!! So, on the morning of my surgery, I did what I said I was going to do…..In a post I made several months ago, I said I was going to give as a gift to everyone on the surgical team, one of those giant Hershey’s kisses and boxes of chocolate to each person for MY good luck….and, I also gave a bag of micro-chips and a can of WD-40 to the Robot….I figured a little good ole fashioned “sucking up” was the best chance for good luck I could get!

It Worked! Everyone was cracking the F*%@ up about the robot and really appreciated the gesture of the gift. Dr. Wilson couldn’t stop laughing and visited me at least 3 extra times to check on me because of it!

A little niceness and little humor goes a long way peeps! These people do this every day and it’s their job, but this really helped put a human perspective to it! Plus, I got treated like royalty all the way through, just for being a little bit nice!

View attachment 495

View attachment 496

:lmao:

ROFL!!!!! How did you present the gifts? You weren't able to take them into the OR, I presume.....

Right before you go in to the OR, you are in a pre-surgery meeting room where all the Dr.'s, i.e., anesthesiologists, the residents, head surgical nurse etc. I knew that the resident takes care of most all the loose ends stuff, but they all still come talk to you first. The resident was first and also eager to do a great job as I assumed he would be and asked him to give them to (the whole team) and after he gave a really quick notice and they were all stopping by within seconds, it was SO cool, they genuinely appreciated that someone thought of them as people and that it’s just not a job! So, in essence, I channeled my wishes and energies through the eagerness of the Resident…lol

And…BTW…your article regarding what to expect before. During and after surgery helped me more with the actual surgical process more than anything I can think of…It was spot on and VERY helpful, even down to wearing boxer type shorts for underwear. That saved my ass…literally, and probably saved a lot of post-surgical trauma for all the staff during my long walks!!

Latest posts

Back