HELP! Just now "informed" I probably won't qualify for DS because BMI under 60

Ugh! It's so damn frustrating--apparently the surgeon's office has been sitting on this approval submission for the last week. In their defense, I suggested that they get some information from my podiatrist because I had to have an MRI two weeks ago and, after reading the results, she has recommended surgery on my foot because I have an extra bone growing off the side, an enormous heel spur, and chronic inflammation that has to be removed surgically. All of this is partially due to my weight and the conditions are aggravated by the weight.

Anyway, my WLS surgeon's office called this morning to state that they are requesting those records and that when they submit for an approval they are also attaching a letter stating why I (the patient) requests BPD-DS and that the surgeon recommends it.

Not sure how effective that will be, but it's worth a shot. They also assured me that if/when I am denied that my surgeon will do a peer to peer review to see if he can get me approved that way.

The wheels move so slowly!

I was 100% sure I wasn't ever going to get my surgery until three weeks before it was scheduled. Hang in there!

I'm glad your surgeon is willing to do the peer to peer. Sometimes they work, definitely worth a try. Hang in there!

Latest posts

Back