Help Interpreting 3 Month Labs

TakeIII

Hello,

I just had my 3 month labs done. Although most tests are within the acceptable range (but not on the high end of the scale), there are a few things that I am concerned about either because they are on the low end of the scale or appear to be a significant change from my pre-op labs.

I have attached a spreadsheet that contains all of the tests. I have highlighted in yellow the items that are concerning to me. The lighter yellow highlights are those that I felt were a pretty significant change and the brighter yellow highlights are the one's I think I'm dropping into a problem zone. Most of these are related to iron.

I am currently on the Vitalady regimen. To improve my iron, should I just add additional Tender Iron that comes with her plan or do I need add a different type of iron? OR am I overly concerned about the levels this early out?

My K is also low, should I take an extra K1?

Obviously I need to stop taking extra B's as I am off the charts on those.

If you see anything else that I should be concerned about, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for any guidance!

Attachments

• Labs_pub.xls
    33.5 KB · Views: 11
Okay, your iron sat % would be a solid indicator for me to get infusions. But then I have secondary RLS and mine needs to be no lower than 30%. And your ferritin is on the way down. Maybe add a heme iron in addition to what you are already taking. I take both the Proferrin ES (NO B6 in it) and the carbonyl iron in the Vitalady iron.
You need more D...and the range is 30-100 not 30 to 80. Stay as close to 100 as possible.
Your PTH is good BUT needs to be as close to 15 as possible.
DO NOT WORRY about your B12. Being off the chart is not a problem with B12.
Yes, your B6 is too high. Don't take the B Complex every day as listed by Vitalady, drop it back to maybe 3-4 times a week.
With my K, I doubled what I was taking and went from just on the edge of low to mid range.
Your protein is slipping some...maybe add more protein food or a protein shake.

Thank you very much @southernlady!! I really appreciate your help. All that information is more than a little overwhelming.

Do I need to space out the two different types of iron or can I take them at the same time?

What can I do to bring down my PTH?

Thank you for the correction on the D range. My original labs from the hospital showed it as 30-80. I will work on getting that up.

I just added a protein shake last week. Hopefully this will help improve that value.

Thank you very much @southernlady!! I really appreciate your help. All that information is more than a little overwhelming.

Do I need to space out the two different types of iron or can I take them at the same time?

What can I do to bring down my PTH?

Thank you for the correction on the D range. My original labs from the hospital showed it as 30-80. I will work on getting that up.

I just added a protein shake last week. Hopefully this will help improve that value.
I take mine all at the same time.

To bring down your PTH get your D up. You can also get your calcium up a bit but it was mid range normal.

Latest posts

Back