Hello

Hi and welcome @Sally Marie ! :) Are you pre-op? I had DS in 2012 and am doing well. Feel free to ask any questions! I look forward to learning about your journey.

Hi Sally. Welcome.

I see you are in California. Are you in SoCal? If so, and even if not, the best Baritric surgeon in the world, Dr Ara Keshishian practices in Glendale. Full disclosure I am a Dr K revision patient, but for not typical reasons. I was given too short of an alimentary limb with my original DS and it caused severe malnutrition that had to be treated with pancreatic enzymes to sustain me until I had the revision. Please go to his website and check out the wealth of information he has regarding the different surgical choices, living with the DS, things that affect the normal world but especially us (vitamins, eating, etc.). The site is dssurgery.com.

FYI - Dr K will do a VSG but as the data is suggesting it really is step 1 of a two step DS. He shows the other procedures but the DS is most of his work and like I said he does the VSG as well if patients insist. He has completed over 2,500 DS procedures with somewhere around 500 of those being the very difficult RnY to DS revision.

You will find we are very biased towards the DS here because it is by for the most effective surgery that shows the best by far long term EWL. That being said, do your research and come to your own conclusions. Ask questions please and like I said if nothing more than the diagrams of the diferent surgeries please go to Dr K's site and look around and learn. There is wealth of knowledge pretested on that site and here as well.

Latest posts

Back