Hello!

CarpeVita

Hi there! Larra pointed me to this forum.

I'm from Northern California and will know my surgery date in a few days and am going for the DS. I've been freaking out, but talking to people that have already had the surgery has made me feel a lot better, and I've gotten a lot of answers to questions I had flying around in my head.

I'm starting out at 447lbs today so we will see where I end up. I have no idea what to aim for, but that's not important. I want to travel and be active and live a long time.

Welcome @CarpeVita. You'll find a wealth of quality information and genuine support here.
Congrats on deciding on the DS! (One of the best decisions I've made in a long time :)
Looking forward to following your journey.

Hey, you made it here! I think all the info here, and seeing so many people do so well with their surgery, will help you get over the nerves and realize the DS is really quite do-able. Not easy - in fact, one of my pet peeves is when people who have never dealt with being MO say that bariatric surgery is "the easy way out". It is the only way out. Keep reading and reach out with any questions. You are in the right place.

Latest posts

Back