Hello!

Mary Hogan

I'm Mary. I live just outside Raleigh, NC. I'm waiting any day now for my surgery date.
My stats:
HW: 270
CW: 261
BMI: 45.5
Height: 5'4"
Dr. Ng @ Rex Bariatrics

In the past 4 weeks I have
quit smoking (was 1 pack/week)
quit drinking (was 2-4 bottles of wine/week)
quit coffee (was 4 cups/day)
quit soda (was a couple diets each day)
added 30 mins. of treadmill walking each morning (I started day 1, could only do 7 mins!)
almost stopped all carbs
and got a new puppy (I now walk around my neighborhood twice daily, carrying a bag full of poop)

According to my husband of 31 years - I'm real cranky these days !!

Thanks for letting me join!

Last edited:
Hi Mary, Welcome and congratulations on the new puppy and month of serious efforts (wow!) to improve health. Looking forward to reading about your journey!

Well hello Mary! Everything you were able to achieve in a month is awesome! You will absolutely rock your DS. Glad you found us!

welcome, and congrats on all the health improvements you have already made. Great job! Enjoy the puppy.

Hi Mary! Congrats on all your successes especially the smoking (I know it's tough):thumbsup: I stopped smoking back in 2010 and was a pack a week smoker as well. It gets easier, just took some relearning to do the co-habit things sans cigs ie. driving, work breaks, coffee, drinking, socializing, anything fun lol etc. I don't even think twice about it now and could stand around other smoker without being triggered after about a year. Surgery will prob help you out with that also. Good luck Ma'am:)

I admire your courage and fortitude to tackle all your vices in one go! Sounds like you are doing great and have really turned over a new leaf. Welcome!

Welcome. You and I are about the same size and stats preop.

Great job in giving all that up and getting that lovely puppy.

Welcome Mary. Good on kicking your habits and and congratulations on your decision to have the Duodenal Switch.

Hi Mary! I live in Wake Forest. I am impressed with your accomplishments in a month, and am excited for you to get that surgery date!

First and foremost, welcome! I am glad that you found us. You will find lots of good information and even better people here.

Second, Murphy is adorable. I had a cockapoo when I was younger and she was the best dog. I have a miniature schnazuer now (so much personality in that little body).

Latest posts

Back