Hello

Welcome! :) You are in the best place for WLS advice. I had a VSG and then a DS as part of a planned two stage op due to a very high start weight.

I have no experience of regain, but I can imagine it is mental torture :/

If you decide to revise, I would not consider anything other than the duodenal switch. It's a big op, with a big learning curve, and it doesn't take much to psych yourself out of it. There was a time when I considered an RNY instead. I am sooooooo glad I did not go that route!!! I would have been miserable and unable to shift the weight I want to. Thankfully I have a blunt surgeon, who does ALL the wls so is not biased. He told me it was my body and he would do as I wished, but that I should realise an RNY would only allow me to lose about 20 more pounds. I was still 440 at that point...so um no. I needed the DS and I made peace with that decision. It is hands down the best leap of faith I have taken and I am a better person for it. Life is far from perfect and I have other issues, but the DS has given me a life. See my avatar? Yeah that was Monday...on a roller coaster. The look on my face says it all. :) DS or bust baby!

Latest posts

Back