Hello...newbie from Texas

Queen V

Hello all. I am actively researching DS. I live in San Antonio and will be self pay. I am torn between Dr. Esquerra in Mexicali and Dr. Greenbaum in NJ. I will be making calls to their office this week. I look forward to this journey.

Welcome @Queen V

I and several others had a great experience with Esquerra. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

Welcome @Queen V

I and several others had a great experience with Esquerra. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.
I would love to hear about your experience with Dr. Esquerra. Did you have any problem getting aftercare back home, since the procedure was done in Mexico?

I haven't needed any surgery-related aftercare, nor do I think the have other two here who have used Esquerra. I have a PCP who will order labs. (My first lab draws aren't until next month.)

Mexicali keeps you in the hospital for 4 nights, much longer than US, so you'll be doing pretty good by the time you leave.

Your insurance may not cover complications related to an unapproved surgery. MX will take care of any problems if you want to get back on a plane.

BTW, I think Greenbaum only does open and I preferred laparoscopy.

Surgeons cut. That's what they have been trained to do and all they really want to do. There is no reason to see one again unless you are having problems.

I haven't needed any surgery-related aftercare, nor do I think the have other two here who have used Esquerra. I have a PCP who will order labs. (My first lab draws aren't until next month.)

Mexicali keeps you in the hospital for 4 nights, much longer than US, so you'll be doing pretty good by the time you leave.

Your insurance may not cover complications related to an unapproved surgery. MX will take care of any problems if you want to get back on a plane.

I had surgery in the US and was in the hospital 4 nights, so it varies by patient and how they are doing..

That being said, that is a good standard policy by them

Someone mentioned that Esquerra wasn't vetted and has only been performing since September. They also said that he doesn't do a cc less than 125. Was that your experience?

Someone mentioned that Esquerra wasn't vetted and has only been performing since September. They also said that he doesn't do a cc less than 125. Was that your experience?
There are 3 people here who had surgery with him and wouldn't have done so had they not done their homework, and they did. He proctored under the other guy who left that practice. He does the Hess method from what I am told (correct me if I am wroing with that statement ladies) so your CC is dictated by measurements if that is the case. Additionally the CC is only one of three measruements of the DS and is not anymore important than the AL or BPL channels. e

There are 3 people here who had surgery with him and wouldn't have done so had they not done their homework, and they did. He proctored under the other guy who left that practice. He does the Hess method from what I am told (correct me if I am wroing with that statement ladies) so your CC is dictated by measurements if that is the case. Additionally the CC is only one of three measruements of the DS and is not anymore important than the AL or BPL channels. e
Thank you! I heard a lot of good things about him. Then I heard that from someone who didn't have a good experience there, so I just wanted to double check if that was something to worry about. Sets my mind more at ease.

by all means continue your research because you have to be comfortable but my understanding is the three who had surgery with him in the last 6 months, all had a good experience...so they can certainly give you more information.

Good luck with your decision.

I don;t know where you heard that. Not here.

For 5 years, Esquerra was the right hand man of Ungson who left in October(?) for a government job. So perhaps he hadn't been doing them as the lead surgeon, but he had a great deal of experience.

Esquerra uses the Hess method for cc -- based on a person's bowel length.

I don;t know where you heard that. Not here.

For 5 years, Esquerra was the right hand man of Ungson who left in October(?) for a government job. So perhaps he hadn't been doing them as the lead surgeon, but he had a great deal of experience.

Esquerra uses the Hess method for cc -- based on a person's bowel length.
It was in a Facebook group that I am in. That's probably what she was referring to. Do you know what the term vetted means?

by all means continue your research because you have to be comfortable but my understanding is the three who had surgery with him in the last 6 months, all had a good experience...so they can certainly give you more information.

Good luck with your decision.
Thank you. Yes I still have more research to do. I plan on making some calls tomorrow as well that should give me more information to make my decision. I appreciate the feedback.

Latest posts

Back