Having my surgery in about 4hrs.

imacraven

I am having the "loop DS and "procedure done this afternoon.
1 – is there anyway for me to change my surgery procedure in my profile information?
2 – I see a lot of frustration about the lack of dietary information for this procedure. Does anyone know of a good source to find The correct information that is easy to access without sifting through a bunch of contradictory information?

Good luck and hopefully you have someone to let us know how you are doing.

As to changing the type of surgery...LoopDS is listed with SADI and SIPS as they have not yet decided on what name to use. The surgeons are in disagreement. I'll fix it for you.

Best of luck to you!

Crickets are chirping about your other questions because in reality, no one really knows what your postop diet should be. You are having an experimental procedure that hasn't been around long enough to know for sure. Insurance doesn't usually pay for this since it is experimental. It is a logical assumption you would have to eat less/differently than a DSer because you absorb more.

HI @imacraven - congratulations on your surgery. Hope you are on the road to recovery and we know you are on the road to a new life. Read here all you can and yes there is contradictory info on all kinds of info - regardless of the surgery type, but particularly for yours. Logically, your dietary info would be somewhere between DS and Sleeve. Over the next month just sip, rest, repeat - go for 30G protein and low carb - you will learn your new body and leant to listen to it.
Good luck. We are glad you are here and look forward to watching your journey.

Latest posts

Back