Happy Valentine's Day!

Got off work early - ended up not flying in to NYC yesterday which meant I didn't have to fly back this afternoon and had some free time on my calendar. Picked up the kids from school with Charles in a car (instead of their usual sleds) and whisked them off to an early dinner at the local deli... Beet borscht with sour cream followed by a salad topped by teriyaki chicken for me - chicken noodle soup and a sandwich for Charles and the kids. They came home to cards, little gifts and Valentines cupcakes. I came ome to cuddle on the couch with Charles and catch up on Downton Abbey. Not the most romantic of Valentine's days, but we all feel loved. I've been up since 4am prepping for a big meeting at 9am and pulled an all nighter back to back with a bunch of late nights earlier in the week so I can't last anymore and it's off to bed early in a few minutes. Wow - what would 18 year old me think?!!!

Awww ... you deserve a little down time (and Downton) after a week like that. And cuddling with your loved ones? That is the essence of romance.

Pulling all-nighters - no can do anymore. 20 hours + 4 hours sleep, sure - but no sleep at all? Yoikes!

:26795713::001_icon16::37131418:My goal for today is to not eat anything that will make me sorry. I am cooking for my wonderful hubby and two other couples.

I am four weeks post-op today so still fairly limited in what I can eat. I am going to have some shrimp with béarnaise tonight. Everyone else is getting: For starters a hot artichoke and spinach cheesy dip; main course is fillet mignon, shrimp, asparagus, mushrooms with béarnaise; dessert is a homemade Boston cream pie.

I hope everyone enjoys the day!
Sounds wonderful! I sat out this Valentine's Day. Can't do much on Optifast, and in any case, there's too much else to do atm. We're leaving for Melbourne in 12 hours time. Next year, though, I'm hoping for a wonderful Valentine's Day ;).

That said, I wish one and all a very
:3314158:

Oh my:
1606977_10151957771666173_1869952159_n.jpg

Time for me to get creative.
Wow! Now I have husband-envy! LOL

Valentine's day is also my husband's birthday, so we usually hold off on the typical valentines stuff and go out for something like BBQ (his fave). My girlfriend, that lured us down south, is also a valentine baby so we did a couples birthday dinner surf n turf! We all cooked and feasted on seared scallops and braised beef short ribs. They had veggies and rice and homemade sourdough, I only had a bite of asparagus and carrot. We then had a cheese platter and then out rolled the very special birthday cake.... A peanut butter cup cheesecake made by a friend of my girlfriend, who owns a bakeshop. Now, most things that look/sound delicious don't live up to the hype in my head if I have a bite, but this was another story. It tasted like nothing I've ever had before. I think she made it with fairy dust and voodoo. The peanut butter cups were homemade, there was some sort of thick, chocolate cookie crust, some layers of chocolate ganache and some peanut butter magic, and the cheesecake part was almost like a mousse, uber light and fluffy. Needless to say, after a few bites of his, I asked hubby to move his plate out of my reach! I feel a bit guilty about it today, but trying to tell myself that a few bites is way better than the 2 giant slices (at least) that I would've had before!

Yum-that sounds like a delicious dessert. I've made a rule for myself never to feel guilty about having a treat. Too many years of diet depravation behind me and life is too short not to splurge here and there! Any chance you can convince her to share a recipe??? Sounds like something my son would LOVE!

Yum-that sounds like a delicious dessert. I've made a rule for myself never to feel guilty about having a treat. Too many years of diet depravation behind me and life is too short not to splurge here and there! Any chance you can convince her to share a recipe??? Sounds like something my son would LOVE!
Well, she might've shared before, but now that she's made it into a business I doubt she shares her recipes. But I WILL ask next time I see her, it really was magic amazingness!

Latest posts

Back