Haemo-fuckwittery

kirmy

So hello. To recap. Titty cancer. Partial mastectomy. All the chemo all of it oh my God so much. Radiation...here have more no really bonus doses cause things. Hysterectomy...everything out...burn it to the ground and dance on the ashes.

It’s 11months since the last hideous hoorah and my once ridiculously high total iron is merely a sparrows fart. Truly there are about four red blood cells driving around in a Tesco trolley with a wonky wheel.

I had 1gram of iron infused on the 4th. Can’t remember shit! It was the bolus dose one. Anyhoo how long before I don’t feel like a skin husk with wonky eyes and the every of a sloth that’s been roofied? I’m not coping. I’m sitting in the bath right now psyching myself up to stand up.

So. This. Advice please. And well. Fuck!

I was ridiculously happy to see you post but I hoped it would be good news. Sorry to hear about your iron.

If all you have left is 4 cells in a Tesco trolley, you MAY need a transfusion to get you 'over the hump'. It could make you feel a lot better, fast! And you could get out of the tub.

I was ridiculously happy to see you post but I hoped it would be good news. Sorry to hear about your iron.

If all you have left is 4 cells in a Tesco trolley, you MAY need a transfusion to get you 'over the hump'. It could make you feel a lot better, fast! And you could get out of the tub.
Yeh I suspect packed red cells might be in my immediate future

Sorry you have only 4 cells left in your Tesco trolley. Sounds like you need a delivery to your trolley.

But I am glad to see you posting.

Lots of room in that trolley for more red cells! But glad to see you here, even in your sloth-line state.

Kirmy, glad to hear from you. I have iron challenges too and know very well how it can be draining. When low, I can barely drag myself out of bed and my cognitive ability declines. I physically feel like I am on a long distance car trip at night when all passengers are asleep, and I am compelled to roll down the window and blast the stereo to stay awake long enough to make it to a rest stop to pull over. Two to three days post part two of infusion, I feel like I'm ready for a day at the races. Here's to you getting some more red cells and a bundle of energy!

Last edited:
Kirmy, glad to hear from you. I have iron challenges too and know very well how it can be draining. When low, I can barely drag myself out of bed and my cognitive ability declines. I physically feel like I am on a long distance car trip at night when all passengers are asleep, and I am compelled to roll down the window and blast the stereo to stay awake long enough to make it to a rest stop to pull over. Two to three days post part two of infusion, I feel like I'm ready for a day at the races. Here's to you getting some more red cells and a bundle of energy!

I wanna date!
Love you to the moon and back

I'm wondering if you need to bug them for a transfusion too. I wasn't quite as low as you, and just had the 5th infusion, and am barely passable now. As low as you are, you need a quicker fix, and the hellofit is, you are feeling the least like fighting this stuff with those numbers :(

I don't know your whole story because I am still relatively new-ish here, but I want to say that I'm sorry you've gone through so much. You already know to listen to the sound advice of those who know on here, so I know you will. Just be kind to yourself as you're continuing your recovery. Radical self-care and take-no-fucking-prisoners self-care is where your head needs to be. Best wishes for feeling better sooner than you think you will!

Latest posts

Back