Got a approved and have a date!!

Your B12 and ferritin are quite saggy. I'd be symptomatic for b12 deficiency and iron deficiency anemia at those levels, even though they are within normal limits. I'd add a good iron supplement and a sublingual or liquid or nasal B12 starting right now. Bring those levels up as much as possible before surgery, because afterward you will absorb very little of those nutrients through oral routes.

1. I ordered the vitalady vitamin regime (not prepackaged). Silly question, will her information pamphlet tell me when I should be taking each vitamin or how to split them up? Is there a certain vitamin sorter vet DS'ers recommend? I am trying to get everything in order before surgery on 30th. Also, my D is on the low end ( I forget the official number) I just know it was just below average, how much D should I take to get it up before surgery? My PCP recommended I started 5,000 after surgery but from everything I see from vets that will not be enough.

1. I ordered the vitalady vitamin regime (not prepackaged). Silly question, will her information pamphlet tell me when I should be taking each vitamin or how to split them up? Is there a certain vitamin sorter vet DS'ers recommend? I am trying to get everything in order before surgery on 30th. Also, my D is on the low end ( I forget the official number) I just know it was just below average, how much D should I take to get it up before surgery? My PCP recommended I started 5,000 after surgery but from everything I see from vets that will not be enough.
There's a link to a 30 day sorter on this thread http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/vitamin-confusion.1445/#post-20512
I use this one http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/wa...ush-button-extra-large/ID=prod6179610-product
The main thing, I think, is not getting one where the compartments are too small.

I'm not sure if your vitalady order will come with instructions, I know the prepacked did and I sort of follow that, I took out some and added others.
Check out this thread http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/vitalady-links.11/ it has a ton of useful links to info on the vitalady site at the top and it includes her DS schedule.

I'm not one of the vitamin experts, but 5,000 D will not be enough post-op. I think most take either 50,000 or 100,000 a day, some even 150,000 depending on whether they're trying to raise or maintain their levels (I do 100,000 trying to raise my levels). It might be enough as a pre-op, but don't take my word for it.

Hello all, sorry I haven't been on in awhile, I lurk from time to time but haven't posted anything. I just got back from our little vacation and have been resting up. That long ride wore me out. Anywho, the day before I left for vacation I got my call I've been waiting for. I've been approved and I have my date for Aug. 5th with Dr. Sudan. I'm so freaking excited. I also filled out a application for Celebrate Vitamins for financial assistance and was approved for 50% off all my orders with free delivery. That helps out a lot til I'm able to find a job once I'm able to start working. I have many questions but one that is bothering me is the vitamins. It's all so overwhelming. Just so many and I'm so afraid I'm gonna mess up. I've got vitalady's schedule to go by but still it's just so much to take in. Did any of you guys worry about the same thing?

I go this Monday for a group meeting, see Dr. Sudan and then have some more pre-op testing done. Will be there all day. I will have a list wrote down of a lot more questions, but I trust you ladies more...Can't wait to join you guys on the other side!!

Congratulations. Its right around the corner.

Latest posts

Back