going to be in DisneyWorld 6 months out

katsmeow07

I'm wondering what kinds of things will I be eating. I have to make dining reservations for the rest of the family.

You will be eating meat, fish, fowl, eggs, cheese, nuts and a few veggies. It's not hard. You order a meal and eat the meat. The End. Really and truly. Just make the reservations and go wherever. Once there, eat the stuff that grew on legs or grew up swimming or that came from mammary glands. Over and done. Have some more cheese. Oh and crab legs drenched in butter, and some ribeye with herb infused butter. And a bacon cheeseburger or a patty melt with no bun. Throw some jerky and some shelf stable cheese sticks in your purse. Go have fun on the rides and hydrate like a maniac, because you will only have half your small intestine available to absorb water and dehydration can sneak up on you scary fast and make you fall on your face or ass or both.

You will be fine. Quit the fretting and focus on positive healing images. Go get yourself a couple guided imagery recordings on Amazon for healing and positive change and listen to those about five times a day. Take control of your runaway mind. All will be well, I promise :).

I will be six months out tomorrow. I eat protein mostly but also eat veggies including a small amount of potatoes, salads, slaws, fruit, corn tortillas, popcorn with lots of butter, sugar free jello and an occasional bit of chocolate. I have been treating myself to a s'more while camping even. I just really watch my carbs to allow these occasional splurges.

I can find appropriate things to eat anywhere we go. Get what you will enjoy, just skip or limit the carbs and skip anything with white flour. You will have a great time.

You will not have problems finding appropriate foods to eat there. One of my Disney favorites were the huge roasted turkey legs that they sold at the carts. They were so big my partner always had to help me with them.

I went to Disney at 3 months out for my 40th birthday. My hubby and I shared meals and then I ended up only being able to eat half of that, so I was eating 1/4 of a table service meal. At 6 months out, I was probably closer to half of a meal (depending on what it was and what the portions were of course). I would stay away from places like Italian where it's difficult to order without pasta etc. Besides that, most places have options you can have. Personally, I can't eat the cheap meat in hamburgers at most fast food places because it's mostly filler, so I don't do fast food. There are a few counter service places that have better options. If you need specific restaurant suggestions, let me know because we're DVC members and we go for a week every year.

I went to Disney at 3 months out for my 40th birthday. My hubby and I shared meals and then I ended up only being able to eat half of that, so I was eating 1/4 of a table service meal. At 6 months out, I was probably closer to half of a meal (depending on what it was and what the portions were of course). I would stay away from places like Italian where it's difficult to order without pasta etc. Besides that, most places have options you can have. Personally, I can't eat the cheap meat in hamburgers at most fast food places because it's mostly filler, so I don't do fast food. There are a few counter service places that have better options. If you need specific restaurant suggestions, let me know because we're DVC members and we go for a week every year.
Thanks all. @shann, we are DVC members too and it will be my 46th bday while there. My favorite restaurant was in the Mexico Pavillion, San Angel. They have a delicious Carne asada. I can have a small amount of refried beans and maybe half a corn tortilla, that's what I'm thinking anyway ;) but as far as a little piece of bday cake, that would be out of the question, right?

Thanks all. @shann, we are DVC members too and it will be my 46th bday while there. My favorite restaurant was in the Mexico Pavillion, San Angel. They have a delicious Carne asada. I can have a small amount of refried beans and maybe half a corn tortilla, that's what I'm thinking anyway ;) but as far as a little piece of bday cake, that would be out of the question, right?
I find Mexican restaurants particularly easy to eat at. I get fajitas and eat then without the tortillas, eat guacamole with a spoon, get queso chorizo dip and eat that with a spoon, plus everything either comes with cheese & sour cream or you can get it on the side. As far as birthday cake, I had a cupcake on my birthday at 7 months. I didn't have multiple slices of cake or multiple cupcakes like I would've before, so I thought it was fine. My tummy, however, did not. If you do have a little cake, make sure you're going to be near a bathroom for the rest of the night and have lots of air freshener within arms reach :)

On another note, stop obsessing. Take that from someone who's an obsesser, it does you no good and only serves to make you crazy. It's too far away to stress over such minor details!

Like I said, just curious because I have to make my advanced dining reservations and they fill.up fast. Thanks

Be Our Guest has a really good lamb dish. They also have a mussel appetizer that was huge and tasty..I couldn't finish it, or I wouldn't have been able to eat my dinner! If you like escargot, they have a good appetizer of those as well (we ate at the restaurant twice during our trip) ..I was there 3 months after surgery and loved it....California Grill had a fantastic bison dish that was cooked and seasoned to perfection. If you have done Le Cellier, you know all about their steaks (or Yachtsmans, Shula's, and others for that matter)...I did split a turkey leg with my wife at Hollywood Studios, but even the 2 of us couldn't finish it...Fried shrimp at Columbia Harbor House, if the breading doesn't bother you..Sashimi at California Grill or the Kona sushi bar at the Polynesian resort...I could go on..:p

Morocco has lamb, poultry, and bean dishes.

My favorite is the meats, fish and cheeses at Norway! It is a buffet we can eat!

Carne asada = yummy meat. When you have consumed at least 4 oz. of meat, have a bite of tortilla and a bite of beans.

Of COURSE have a bite or two of birthday cake! But get GOOD icing. I can't stand cheap crap icing. Chocolate buttercream MMMMM.....

Thanks hon! I thought about the buffets but I was thinking how much of a waste of money they might be. After all, how much will I be able to really eat 6 months out. But yes, my kids love the character meals, even my 14 year old daughter ;)

Dr K told me eat stuff the comes from close to the ground. He also said if eating bad take the choice that even a a tiny bit of protein. He used example of chocolate cake and cheese cake. He said take the cheese cake

Latest posts

Back