Getting all these tests in

SJB41976

I have used a service in the past that provides an extensive physical examination and I'm going to ask Dr. Greenbaum's staff if this would be enough rather than going to a pulmonolist and a cardiologist, since they are going to be running the same kinds of tests.

What do you guys think? When you went to all of these appointments did they do more than the basic tests to make sure you were healthy for surgery. When I had my VSG I had tests the friday before the procedure and it included the heart test and lung test.

I would love, love, love for this to be enough, but of course, I will follow any of the doctor's plans. I have never needed a pulmonologist or a cardiologist for anything. I really have no co-morbidities except ortho-arthritis (even though my BMI is in the high 40's). So I feel very fortunate.

Here is the link and I had a physical with them over a decade ago and it truly is thorough. And remember, I am self-pay. Dr. Greenbaum, however you pay, wants you to do the same testing as insurance clients.

http://www.preventiongroup.com/clinic-services/examination-services/ancillary-tests/

Thanks!

I doubt those would be sufficient (generally a sleep study is mandatory, for example. But you can communicate directly with him and see what he has to say about it.

We've discussed the tests (with his coordinator and the doctor himself in a phone consult) and a sleep study was not one of them. But, we'll see.

I didn't have a sleep study, neither did dh...but both of us already had documented sleep apnea. He still uses a cpap. I had a UPPP to help mine back in 2002.

Latest posts

Back