gastroparesis

Pamela

Had a DS from RNY in 2011. Always stuck to diet. Did not loose much weight. Have gastric reflux taking Nexium which helps. Always feel hungry and really struggle to keep from gaining. Had endoscopy done found I have a hourglass shaped stomach which is not emptying like it should because I have gastroparesis. Has anyone had this problem or have any info. Thanks

Hi Pam!
Nothing more than what I had elsewhere, I just wanted to welcome you to BF. I hope others will have more info.

Larra

I have not had the problem but my son suffers from gastroparesis. His GI prescribed an antibiotic called Eryped. He takes a very low dose of 4 ml 3 times a day. It has worked marvelous. He was diagnosed in March. He has a G-tube and only has liquids. He doesn't eat anything by mouth.

Hi Pamela and Welcome! I had the same problem. I ended up going to CA to Dr. Keshishian September of 2013. I had my VBG to DS Oct. 2010 by Dr. Bernsten in Kansas. Scar tissue formed around my sleeve in the middle and formed what Dr. K said looked like a bow tie. Of course he didn't know the whole problem until he opened me up. I also had a kink further down in my intestines. He fixed me up and I wouldn't recommend any surgeon except a few that top the list with the experience to fix difficult problems. Did your GI doctor think that trying dilation might help? Who did your RNY to DS? I can tell you that you have to do something. I couldn't get in my vitamins and am still working on getting all my levels up where they should be. It took me a while to heal as I am older but I am doing so much better. I can eat pretty normal and have lost another 65 lbs since last September 26th. I am down to 140 lbs. I am sure Dr. K saved my life. To my knowledge there is only one other person on this forum that has had the same problem and she has not posted in a long time so I don't know what her outcome is. Feel free to send me a PM if you want.

I guess I am a bit confused by the simultaneous complaint of being hungry and having a stomach that doesn't empty properly. Are you physically hungry but unable to eat full meals?

I am confused too. I am hungry and can eat. Have not had my follow up with my GI yet. Thought you lost weight with gastroparesis????

I have not had the problem but my son suffers from gastroparesis. His GI prescribed an antibiotic called Eryped. He takes a very low dose of 4 ml 3 times a day. It has worked marvelous. He was diagnosed in March. He has a G-tube and only has liquids. He doesn't eat anything by mouth.
Thank you for the information. So sorry for your son. But glad the med has worked.

Hi Pamela and Welcome! I had the same problem. I ended up going to CA to Dr. Keshishian September of 2013. I had my VBG to DS Oct. 2010 by Dr. Bernsten in Kansas. Scar tissue formed around my sleeve in the middle and formed what Dr. K said looked like a bow tie. Of course he didn't know the whole problem until he opened me up. I also had a kink further down in my intestines. He fixed me up and I wouldn't recommend any surgeon except a few that top the list with the experience to fix difficult problems. Did your GI doctor think that trying dilation might help? Who did your RNY to DS? I can tell you that you have to do something. I couldn't get in my vitamins and am still working on getting all my levels up where they should be. It took me a while to heal as I am older but I am doing so much better. I can eat pretty normal and have lost another 65 lbs since last September 26th. I am down to 140 lbs. I am sure Dr. K saved my life. To my knowledge there is only one other person on this forum that has had the same problem and she has not posted in a long time so I don't know what her outcome is. Feel free to send me a PM if you want.
Hi Barb, Thank you so much for sharing your story with me. Have my follow up with GI thursday hope I get some answers. Did you have the problem of not loosing weight before the surgery with Dr. K? I hope I PM you. If I did not do it right. You may have to explain it too me. Want to make sure before I go into my story...Pam

to pm, look at the top right corner of the board. click on inbos. then on start conversation. the start to type in her user name. it will come up. click on her username so you get the right person for sure, then type your message and hit post.

when she replies, you will see a number by inbox. click there and you will get that conversation.

Hi Pamela
sending PMs is really easy once you get used to it - it's called starting a conversation, for some reason. if you have any more trouble, ask!

welcome!! I have a waving hello photo that doesn't seem to be working.....assume I waved hello, ok?

spaceout.gif

to pm, look at the top right corner of the board. click on inbos. then on start conversation. the start to type in her user name. it will come up. click on her username so you get the right person for sure, then type your message and hit post.

when she replies, you will see a number by inbox. click there and you will get that conversation.
Thank you

Hi Pamela
sending PMs is really easy once you get used to it - it's called starting a conversation, for some reason. if you have any more trouble, ask!

welcome!! I have a waving hello photo that doesn't seem to be working.....assume I waved hello, ok?

spaceout.gif
Thank you

Latest posts

Back