Food post op

Shawnee

Hi all!! Having surgery on Tuesday and was wondering what to buy post op as far as food. I'm trying to look for protein powders. I usually use premier protein and make my own shakes with almond or 2% milk. I also use genpro and add it to my coffee as well. I know water will most likely be my best friend but was looking for ideas when I first get home!

Thanks
Shawnee

Find a resource that let's you buy sample or taster packets. You taste will change and you really don't want to be stuck with a tub of something you won't use. GNC once allowed returns on opened powders with receipt. Maybe they still do. I don't shop there anymore.

Remember the 30-60-90 rule - aim at getting up to 30 g of protein/day by day 30, 60 g by 60 days, etc. Don't try to get 90 g right away - you don't need to and you'll be miserable trying.

Buy a little bit of a few things to have on hand - your taste buds will be off for a few weeks and it's hard to predict what will be palatable. And whatever works at first, likely will change in a week or three.

the wait is almost over!

I know water will most likely be my best friend but was looking for ideas when I first get home!

it's possible plain water may not taste good so have some options. and some people tolerate different temps better: warm, tepid, ice-cold. you have to experiment and see what works for you.

Latest posts

Back