Food Consumption

Svetlana Leigh

Since having my surgery in June 2016 my weight loss has been good I guess. I was a considered a light weight weighing 219 on the day of surgery. I'm now around 185. I've only weighed once and that was when I went to the doctor. I do not own a scale. My problem is that I am always hungry. I'll eat and when I recognize fullness, I immediately stop. Then, I'm hungry AGAIN about an hour to an hour and a half later. This can't possibly be life with the DS. How in the world am I supposed to keep the weight off when I reach my goal weight if I'm always hungry? I think the only reason the weight is coming off right now is because it hasn't been that long since my procedure so my body is still adjusting. I do not want to go through life eating every 2 hours. My coworkers are always commenting and making jokes that I'm always eating but steadily losing weight. I've not told anyone about my surgery. I just laugh right along with them because it's true Lol. I guess it's just odd that other people also notice that I'm always eating.

I do not have any problems eating any type of meat. I've had fish, chicken, pork, steak, and hamburger. I've never thrown up, I do not have heart burn and I have no problems with food getting stuck or feeling like it's going to come back up.

Last edited:
My problem is that I am always hungry. I'll eat and when I recognize fullness, I immediately stop. Then, I'm hungry AGAIN about an hour to an hour and a half later. This can't possibly be life with the DS. How in the world am I supposed to keep the weight off when I reach my goal weight if I'm always hungry? I think the only reason the weight is coming off right now is because it hasn't been that long since my procedure so my body is still adjusting. I do not want to go through life eating every 2 hours. My coworkers are always commenting and making jokes that I'm always eating but steadily losing weight. I've not told anyone about my surgery. I just laugh right along with them because it's true Lol. I guess it's just odd that other people also notice that I'm always eating.
Welcome to the life of a DS'er. As long as what you eat is protein first, fat second, does it matter how often?
You are now a hobbit!
Aragorn: Gentlemen! We do not stop 'til nightfall.
Pippin: But what about breakfast?
Aragorn: You've already had it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. But what about second breakfast?
[Aragorn stares at him, then walks off.]
Merry: Don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.

The bottom line is eat less MORE often. No more three meals a day and maybe a snack. More like 8-12 a day. Every hour if need be. Many of my "meals" are a pice of cheese or a deviled egg. Just enough to keep me from gnawing off an arm!

Honey with all due respect do you completely understand how the DS works? We eat all the time, ELMO (eat less more often) and only absorb on average roghly 60% of the calories. It is just simple math. Use myfitnesspal to track your food and look at the calories. At the end of the day multiply that number by .6 and see where you end up. I think you will be shocked and understand how you keep the weight off. We have to eat to live.

Welcome to the life of a DS'er. As long as what you eat is protein first, fat second, does it matter how often?
You are now a hobbit!
Aragorn: Gentlemen! We do not stop 'til nightfall.
Pippin: But what about breakfast?
Aragorn: You've already had it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. But what about second breakfast?
[Aragorn stares at him, then walks off.]
Merry: Don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.

The bottom line is eat less MORE often. No more three meals a day and maybe a snack. More like 8-12 a day. Every hour if need be. Many of my "meals" are a pice of cheese or a deviled egg. Just enough to keep me from gnawing off an arm!

Thank you. I'm still learning how things work. I'm glad to know that I wasn't over eating.

Honey with all due respect do you completely understand how the DS works? We eat all the time, ELMO (eat less more often) and only absorb on average roghly 60% of the calories. It is just simple math. Use myfitnesspal to track your food and look at the calories. At the end of the day multiply that number by .6 and see where you end up. I think you will be shocked and understand how you keep the weight off. We have to eat to live.

I just installed the app on my phone so that I can keep track and see how I end up. I was starting to think that something was wrong with me.

Latest posts

Back