February 4th

I can picture the two of you ballroom dancing! Pretty cool!!! Happy Anniversary!

@DianaCox I'm trying hard not to mention that its apparent that you must really love Cox.
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.:037:
Yeah, that has not escaped my attention. :roflmao::roflmao:

Here's a little more of the name story. My mother's name is March, because she was born in ... can you guess? She she wanted to name all of us kids after months too. Which was cool when her due date with me was in late July (and I love the name Julia). But guess what? I was three weeks late. Mom thought about naming me Augusta - but then thought of the nicknames (Augie, Gussie) and decided to spare me. And then, with my last name being Hamlet, she thought about Gertrude (Gertie - UGH; Trudy - meh, not too bad, but - meh) and Ophelia. Yes, Ophelia.

Now just think about that for a moment.

Like Dick and Harry (or Julie, for that matter), it's not a first name that goes with with the surname Cox.

For that, I will be forever grateful that Mom just came up with another option, and one that was not particularly common back in the early 50s.

Oh, and Mom named my sister Juni - by age 13, she changed to her Hebrew name Rachael, as she felt Juni just didn't fit her (too cutesy and diminutive for a tall, heavy person). Brother Eric was also born in June, and Ian as also born in August. So much for Mom's plans.

There was a cartoon by 1960 when Ian was born - Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy. Mom and Dad thought better of Augustus.

January 2002:
incyteparty-jan2602.jpg

April 2013:
11576_4775968992998_1193842756_n.jpg

We're both thinner - right around the time I had my DS, he agreed to stop drinking a metric shit-ton of full sugar Cokes/day and switched to mostly Coke Zero. He lost more weight more quickly than I did with my DS (in the first couple of months anyway). Really pissed me off, except that he was healthier as a result ...

Latest posts

Back