Effective whenever politically expedient

I was focusing on timing, though. The effective date will likely be AFTER the mid-term elections, so that those who will be most affected will die before the 2020 elections. (Sad but true.)

If we know anyone who is CONTEMPLATING bariatric surgery, their "think about it" time is shrinking.

Having had bariatric surgery is a prexisting condition. malabsorption is a prexisting condition. Anemia is as well. Rape is a prexisting condition. I accidentally got the bill for my latest annual blood work, which was $1900. I have insurance and it was mostly paid, but it is frightening to think it might not be reimbursed. My three latest anemia infusion treatments were more than $5000! I haven't heard about how this affects the Medicare supplemental plans, but it is hard to think they won't change as well. The sheer disregard for human life in order to give the rich tax cuts is obscene.

If you have a parent who might need Medicaid for nursing home care, that is one of the benefits targeted. Could someone please knock that smirk off of Paul Ryan's face? I asked my senator to add an amendment that all Congressmen and their families must use the plan they give the American people. No exceptions for prexisting conditions.

I have no idea why, other than just right-v-wrong, I get so worked up over this. I have Medicare, plus Mr. Sue's employer-provided Secondary PPO (not a "supplemental" policy), and I am a vereran with a service connected disability, so I have the VA. Mr. Sue will turn 65 this year, and he will have all the same coverage.

Right now, we pay about $700 a month for that (including Medicare) and his employer covers the other $1500 or so. In July, we go down to <$500, and in November, because his "employer's contribution" covers more than the total of our Medicare and the Secondary PPOs, our out of pocket costs for all our insurances becomes zero.

So, even though drug co-pays keep going up, we.are.covered. Well covered.

But I remember when we were not and how hard it was.

It is just difficult to be accepting of the "sausage-making" aspect of this...we live in a society where every aspect of our health--hospitals, HMOs, drug companies, everything--is controlled by corporations whose actual, legitimate, primary duty is to their stockholders. We are simply the means to achieving profit. And it is so ugly to watch.

Last edited:
It's mind boggling to me that these people have been ELECTED and will be elected again. People need to wake up.

From my Facebook feed:

Just so we're clear: People with pre-existing conditions have access to firearms and not healthcare.

I'm also with the school of thought that believes any law or regulation passed by the buffoons in Washington should be applied to them.

The Senate committee that is rewriting the bill did not have a single woman when I checked this morning, but there was talk of adding a female senator and I'm not sure they have. (but Mike Pence wouldn't be able to go into the room unless there were 2 women present, lol). Woo-hoo, America is great again because men are in charge of women's bodies. I say we have a sex strike until they put women in charge. No representation, no nooky.

What ALSO boggles the mind is that anyone in THIS family would promote excluding the obese from health insurance:

Huck_xmas.jpg

(Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Sean Spicer's substitute, is standing over her daddy's seated self.)

The Senate committee that is rewriting the bill did not have a single woman when I checked this morning, but there was talk of adding a female senator and I'm not sure they have. (but Mike Pence wouldn't be able to go into the room unless there were 2 women present, lol). Woo-hoo, America is great again because men are in charge of women's bodies. I say we have a sex strike until they put women in charge. No representation, no nooky.

I have a feeling a lot of the guys who made this decision ain't getting much now...at least not from a woman and not at home.

Only one problem with that. Most of them are too old to care and seem to be VERY preoccupied with young boys, gay people, restrooms, and transgendered individuals. Them who protest too much etc.

Did you see the quote from the brainiac Republican congressman from Idaho? : “Nobody dies because they don’t have access to health care" - Raul Labrador.

I think he should put his money where his money is. He should give up healthcare for himself, his wife, and their 5 kids. He wants to help make it hard for the rest of us? Put up or shut up.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gop-con...because-they-dont-have-access-to-health-care/

Latest posts

Back