Duodenal Switch Lab work

jojo

Havent got the DS yet. Waiting for my passport so i can go to mexicali and get the DS done by Dr.Esquerra.
I have been reading around, and i was just wondering, does anyone have advice on labwork and how to get your Doctor to code it right to where insurance will cover it? Ive seen people talk about how the doctor code the labs wrong so they end up paying thousands of dollars. It would be awesome if insurance would cover the lab work.

They need to code it so it states malnutrition is the reason for lab work. My monthly labs don't cost me a penny.

They need to code it so it states malnutrition is the reason for lab work. My monthly labs don't cost me a penny.

Wow thats awesome! So my doctor needs to code every single one as malnutrition is the reason for lab work?
The reason why i ask is because i see some people say the wrong thing to the doctor so the doctor codes the lab work different.

Malnutrition works for vitamin-related labs but not for lipid panel or glucose. However those are part of most people's annual diagnostic tests which are usually covered. Even though I intend to get vitamin-related labs every 6 months, some of the others only need to be drawn once a year IMO.

Worse case scenario if insurance denies is that you can get your lab work through @star0210 Her company contracts with labs throughout the country (and there is a doc in each state to write the order). Price (I think) is <$500.

Malnutrition works for vitamin-related labs but not for lipid panel or glucose. However those are part of most people's annual diagnostic tests which are usually covered. Even though I intend to get vitamin-related labs every 6 months, some of the others only need to be drawn once a year IMO.

Worse case scenario if insurance denies is that you can get your lab work through @star0210 Her company contracts with labs throughout the country (and there is a doc in each state to write the order). Price (I think) is <$500.
Latest quote I saw on FB from her was just over $500 but less than $600. Still better than the $2,000 PLUS that LabCorp bills the insurance company.

Latest posts

Back