Did anyone watch Fat and Back?

Velvetkiss

Taking it One Day at a Time
I was curious if anyone watched the two part special called Fat and Back? It is a news woman named Katie Hopkins from the UK, who is apparently VERY outspoken in her disgust and dislike of Obese people. She believes it is horrible to be obese and has stated she would NEVER hire an obese person. She has decided to prove that she is right. She is going to gain 3-4 stones or 42-56 lbs in 3 months by eating at least 4,000 - 6,000 calories a day, because she believes all obese people just eat to excess and then she is going to lose the weight she put on by as she puts it stop shoveling food in her face and exercising. Funny thing is she had medical professionals check her out and tell her they advise against this, but also that she is actually close to being underweight at 125 lbs and that she has a high metabolism, so gaining might be hard for her. She then was offended by the underweight comment from the Doctors and decided to put on a bikini and ask an all male rugby team what they thought of her body. She is a runner by nature. She was more upset because they told her she looked unhealthy and under weight and that they would prefer her body if she put on 20 lbs. In the end she put on 42 lbs, so she ended her 3 months at 146 lbs, or as they said just 5 lbs heavier than the average american woman. The 2nd part is suppose to show her stopping eating, eating more healthy and getting back into exercising to lose the weight.

I found this show just awful and all the things she said just awful and honestly, she made all obese people out to be the same. I never wanted to literally smack someone as much as I wanted to smack her.

I'd like to say I wish her well but I would not be telling the truth....:cautious: I guess I hope she learns something, that's the best I can do.

Katie Hopkins is a media whore. She tries to get attention in the UK by saying (and probably believing) the most outrageous things. She'll do it, but she's also a terrible person and I'd never watch her as I don't want, in any way, for her to profit off me - even tangentially.
I did a quick search for "Katie Hopkins outrageous comments" and got this (it's from the Mirror in the UK which is not a rag, but close to it, but It'll do under the circumstances):
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/katie-hopkins-worst-quotes-ever-2043133
Katie Hopkins' worst quotes EVER - is she the most offensive woman in Britain?
The former Apprentice contestant has offended everyone pretty much every single day this week - let's have a look back over the worst things she's ever commented on
Katie Hopkins: willing to say anything for a headline
A week ago, Katie Hopkins was just a former Apprentice contestant who occasionally popped up on TV. But ever since Holly Willoughby lost her temper with Katie on This Morning, we can't stop talking about her. Basically, she's our new Amanda Bynes. So we decided to get all the most offensive things she's EVER said in one place.

On Gazza's alcohol addiction : "I don’t believe what Russell Brand says addiction. I just don’t buy it. It’s a behaviour. Gazza likes drinking, let him crack on. He is enjoying himself."

On life sentences: "Suicidal prisoners should just kill themselves".

On redheads: "Ginger babies. Like a baby. Just so much harder to love."

On obesity: "Would I employ you if you were obese? No I would not. You would give the wrong impression to the clients of my business. I need people to look energetic, professional and efficient. If you are obese you look lazy."

On tattoos: "I really think if you have a tattoo you have to wonder about what kind of future you have ahead of you. As an employer, I wouldn't employ someone with tattoos as I would wonder what customers would think about them. For me, tattoos are just a way for people to find attention who haven't found another way in their life to achieve it by conventional means."

On maternity leave: "The difference between most mothers and me is that I didn't sit around drinking coffee at baby group for 12 months after the birth of my baby. No, in three weeks I was back in my suit, back at my desk earning profit for my business and I don’t see why other women shouldn't do the same."

On mums breast feeding in public: "Mammary militia breast feeding en masse in Costa. Puts one off their latte."

On being asked by Sir Alan if she'd ever lied to get what she wanted: "[I lied] to get someone else's husband because I wanted him. I give myself 8 out of 10 for ruthlessness for that one."

On children with geographical names: "A name, for me, is a short way of working out what class that child comes from. [And I can decide from that] do I want my child to play with them?"

And on girls called Charmaine: "'Hi, this is my daughter Charmaine'. I hear: 'Hi, I am thick and ignorant'."

On the elderly: "Personally, I hate mobility scooters. I find their owners intolerable"

@jillc WOW...glad I don't know who she is.

I pity her children for having her as a mother.

And I hope Karma bites her in the butt and she NEEDS a mobility scooter when she is elderly.

Shallow and ignorant. She thinks others are ignorant?! She comments most on appearances. Has nothing to do with anything important.

Katie Hopkins is a media whore. She tries to get attention in the UK by saying (and probably believing) the most outrageous things. She'll do it, but she's also a terrible person and I'd never watch her as I don't want, in any way, for her to profit off me - even tangentially.
I did a quick search for "Katie Hopkins outrageous comments" and got this (it's from the Mirror in the UK which is not a rag, but close to it, but It'll do under the circumstances):
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/katie-hopkins-worst-quotes-ever-2043133
Katie Hopkins' worst quotes EVER - is she the most offensive woman in Britain?
The former Apprentice contestant has offended everyone pretty much every single day this week - let's have a look back over the worst things she's ever commented on
Katie Hopkins: willing to say anything for a headline
A week ago, Katie Hopkins was just a former Apprentice contestant who occasionally popped up on TV. But ever since Holly Willoughby lost her temper with Katie on This Morning, we can't stop talking about her. Basically, she's our new Amanda Bynes. So we decided to get all the most offensive things she's EVER said in one place.

On Gazza's alcohol addiction : "I don’t believe what Russell Brand says addiction. I just don’t buy it. It’s a behaviour. Gazza likes drinking, let him crack on. He is enjoying himself."

On life sentences: "Suicidal prisoners should just kill themselves".

On redheads: "Ginger babies. Like a baby. Just so much harder to love."

On obesity: "Would I employ you if you were obese? No I would not. You would give the wrong impression to the clients of my business. I need people to look energetic, professional and efficient. If you are obese you look lazy."

On tattoos: "I really think if you have a tattoo you have to wonder about what kind of future you have ahead of you. As an employer, I wouldn't employ someone with tattoos as I would wonder what customers would think about them. For me, tattoos are just a way for people to find attention who haven't found another way in their life to achieve it by conventional means."

On maternity leave: "The difference between most mothers and me is that I didn't sit around drinking coffee at baby group for 12 months after the birth of my baby. No, in three weeks I was back in my suit, back at my desk earning profit for my business and I don’t see why other women shouldn't do the same."

On mums breast feeding in public: "Mammary militia breast feeding en masse in Costa. Puts one off their latte."

On being asked by Sir Alan if she'd ever lied to get what she wanted: "[I lied] to get someone else's husband because I wanted him. I give myself 8 out of 10 for ruthlessness for that one."

On children with geographical names: "A name, for me, is a short way of working out what class that child comes from. [And I can decide from that] do I want my child to play with them?"

And on girls called Charmaine: "'Hi, this is my daughter Charmaine'. I hear: 'Hi, I am thick and ignorant'."

On the elderly: "Personally, I hate mobility scooters. I find their owners intolerable"

I'd like to tell this bitch to kiss my very fine small white ass but even that's to good for her!! Somebody on a mobility scooter needs to knock her on her ass!! I think she just went from bitch to a condescending C_NT!!

What a bitch! I hope she chokes on her salad and falls on her face when she's doing her exercise! Nothing pisses me off more than people like this.

Only thing worse is when they are your Dr.

I have a pretty arrogant PCP but I didn't know her before my DS. I don't want to think of how I would re-act if I had your doctor. I have read what you posted about yours!
I find the older I get the more I am loosing my patients and the filter on my mouth.

I have a pretty arrogant PCP but I didn't know her before my DS. I don't want to think of how I would re-act if I had your doctor. I have read what you posted about yours!
I find the older I get the more I am loosing my patients and the filter on my mouth.

Barb I swear to God that’s THE only thing I really enjoy about getting old. I try really hard to be a gentleman most of the time, but when someone deserves it, I hold nothing back anymore. When I was young, I wouldn’t “dis-respect” my elders, but now that I am the elder….I just tell it like it is with no impunity! I am finally growing in to that grouchy pusillanimous old curmudgeon I’ve always aspired to be…lol Of course, being on this F^@%ING perennial protein shake from hell might have something to do with it too....lol

Last edited:
Yeah.
I moved here from TN...had a disabled plate AND tag. However, NC doesn't have reciprocity for that so I had to have a NC doc fill out the form. As part of my visit with my initial spine surgeon (NOT the one who did my back surgery), I asked about the form...he looked at me and said (HONEST TO GOD, I never thought a DOCTOR would say what he did), "You don't look disabled."

Now tell me, how in the hell is someone who has "invisible" disabilities suppose to look???? I FIRED his ass for being stupid and arrogant.

The spine surgeon who DID my surgery was far more professional, AND gave me my HC tag and placard.

Those comments from her are just horrible, I never heard of her till I saw this show and many she is a piece of work and there is a special place in hell for her.

I agree with firing Doctors who are in my opinion just downright stupid and I have done it a few times. I have learned to not take crap from them or anyone really.

Latest posts

Back