DENIED AGAIN!

Just checking in - busy day today in the Phoenix area.

What Larra said - we need to see the exact wording of the denial, we need to see exactly what was sent to the insurance company, and we need to review the EoC again - if you can put them all in the same place for us to review, that would help.

@DianaCox Are you in my state, Phoenix, AZ

Charris - sorry I didn't see this until just now - yes and no - we're here now, but leaving in the morning for NM. I'm sorry - I'm sure I'll be back again (my daughter's b/f's parents live here, so we were "getting to know the potential in-laws" on this visit).

And yes I got the insurance company to send me everything that Dr Simper's office had sent them - all 125 pages. HOWEVER the documents have Dr McKinlay's name on them...not Dr Simper's. Don't know if that makes a difference but it's there.

Thanks Jen-2 I'm going to fight until I can't fight anymore. I don't just want this... I know I need it... My kids and grandkids deserve this too. No quitting allowed!!

Thanks Jen-2 I'm going to fight until I can't fight anymore. I don't just want this... I know I need it... My kids and grandkids deserve this too. No quitting allowed!!
Bravo @Amey! You definitely deserve to get this! I'm in your corner!

Your perseverance is inspiring, Amy. Larra and Diana are the best so if it can be done they will make it happen.

Thank you! I have decided to have my band removed while waiting for the appeals. The damage done by the crap band is only getting worse by the day. I am miserable and in pain! And the time while waiting for the appeals will give the damage time to heal. I know I will probably gain more weight... But my stomach and Esophagus needs to be healthy for the DS and that is where I'm trying top keep my focus.

Thank you... I do too. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I am very comfortable with this decision.

Congratulations on making the decision - that's sometimes the most difficult part. While your initial preference was to have a single surgery with lapband extraction and conversion to DS, there's definitely merit in solving the lapband problem asap and having that heal first will probably be beneficial. Here's to a healthy future!

Latest posts

Back