COMING UP. . .

Oh Boy! I know you are so excited. I was. I got my surgery date 40 days before my surgery. I started a countdown. I went through all my clothes and got rid of those that I would never wear again and laundered the ones that I was excited about getting back into. I did a big purge all around my house so everything could be fresh when I came home and started my new life.

I am almost eight weeks past surgery and I am loving every minute of my new life. I am sure you will as well.

Oh Boy! I know you are so excited. I was. I got my surgery date 40 days before my surgery. I started a countdown. I went through all my clothes and got rid of those that I would never wear again and laundered the ones that I was excited about getting back into. I did a big purge all around my house so everything could be fresh when I came home and started my new life.

I am almost eight weeks past surgery and I am loving every minute of my new life. I am sure you will as well.
I really am! Cleaning my house. Doing all the laundry. New refrigerator being delivered next week. With an ice maker!! Throwing things out. MAden arrangements for my dog for the week I am in the hospital. The weekend before surgery having mani/pedi and massage. Making lists. Ordered all my vitamins /minerals. Reading the boards faithfully. Can't believe how supportive everyone is being. Looking forward to being out of work for a while---even if I am miserable!!! Thanks so much for sharing your story.

Oh you are welcome. I did all the same stuff you are doing (except for the fridge - I didn't get one of those). My father came to visit me one day and he kept saying, "How can you be excited about surgery?"

I explained it to him like this...It is like the television show Hoarders. The surgery, to me, is like when they bring in the Extreme Cleaning team and get everything thrown out and get things cleaned up. Then it is up to the hoarder to do the work to keep the place clean and get their kids back or whatever. That is what the surgery was for me. It was my cleaning crew. Now I have to keep up the work on a daily basis by eating right and exercising and taking my vitamins to lose the weight and keep it off.
At 7 weeks, I had lost 47 pounds. Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I am hoping that I will break 50 and be under 300 pounds when I weigh.

I wish you all the best. You have so much to be excited for. Stay in touch and keep us posted.

Oh you are welcome. I did all the same stuff you are doing (except for the fridge - I didn't get one of those). My father came to visit me one day and he kept saying, "How can you be excited about surgery?"

I explained it to him like this...It is like the television show Hoarders. The surgery, to me, is like when they bring in the Extreme Cleaning team and get everything thrown out and get things cleaned up. Then it is up to the hoarder to do the work to keep the place clean and get their kids back or whatever. That is what the surgery was for me. It was my cleaning crew. Now I have to keep up the work on a daily basis by eating right and exercising and taking my vitamins to lose the weight and keep it off.

That is a great way to look at it!

Latest posts

Back