Coffee/Caffeine question

EVERYBODY JUST SHUT UP!!!

Stop talking about COFFEE!!!!!

(I'm having nuke stress test tomorrow and can have no caffeine for 24 hours and I am not in the best of moods without that elixir of the gods.)

Mmmmm......
lYummy-Half-Caff-Coffee---Half-the-Caffine---Twice-the-taste331087835.jpg

Had too....;-)

I'm curious: How long did you wait after surgery before you started drinking high test (caffeinated) coffee? I am okay with giving up food, half my stomach, and nutrient absorption, but I am having a helluva hard time with the idea of giving up coffee for the long term (or any term). I've been down to one half-caff a day and drinking only decaf after that. Since I have surgery on Monday, today is the last day I drank the half-caff and I will go full Monty decaf through the weekend. Is this my life now? Do we have to stick to decaf forever? Maybe I am overthinking this and I won't even want coffee post-op, but I doubt that.

Tastes change in the post-op period so it is possible you won't want it. The immediate post-op period is like falling through the rabbit hole and you will wonder what kind of weird world you have entered. The exit from that hole is slow, but you'll resume your pre-op tastes eventually.

EVERYBODY JUST SHUT UP!!!

Stop talking about COFFEE!!!!!

(I'm having nuke stress test tomorrow and can have no caffeine for 24 hours and I am not in the best of moods without that elixir of the gods.)

If your test isn't until tomorrow morning, why didn't you drink your morning coffee early this morning, and avoid the headache today??

Poor @Spiky Bugger I hope you made it through the coffee-free day in one piece. Always the consummate rebel, I am sitting here, four days post-op, and sipping a tiny bit of coffee with my oh so delicious morning jello. I am developing an aversion to sweet things with all the shakes and juices and G2 crap the hospital fees us.

Oh, and I have not puked either, folks. I hope that bodes well for future days and means I won't be vomiting any time soon, or ever.

Latest posts

Back